You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-01-08 14:38:25

ASW
Verified Member
Website

Mini Bus Course

I've been approached by a local church leader to put together some ideas and prices to do some extra training for volunteer drivers of the mini bus they use to get local students to meetings, lunches etc.

Am very happy to do assessment/improvement stuff to do with the driving side of things but would like a little input on what specific to mini bus subjects would be worth noting eg speed limits differ, longer than car so cutting corners, distraction of rabble in the back etc.

Any input welcome.

Thanks,
Alan.

ADI & Fleet Registered Trainer
Fleet Diploma
Find Driving Instructors and Schools @ ChoosyLearner
or InstructorIntro

05-01-08 14:38:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Mini Bus Course

#2 05-01-08 20:16:35

ExAdiNigel

Quick question, do you have full, unrestricted D1 on your licence?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 06-01-08 12:44:42

FRANKS
Verified Member

Have to agree with Nigel here, make sure you've got the correct licence entittlement, and that you've got the necessary experience to teach this.

I've attached a leaflet that we've used in the passed with teachers, but most now have to do the midus test now in my area so I do little of this work now.

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#4 07-01-08 18:09:28

ASW
Verified Member
Website

I do not have D1 but am permitted to drive this as I am 'under' the 'permit scheme'.

I have quite a lot of van driving history / experience - but not vans with seats in the back!

Thanks for your input.

Alan.

Fleet Diploma
or InstructorIntro

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 07-01-08 19:55:19

ExAdiNigel

I do not have D1 but am permitted to drive this as I am 'under' the 'permit scheme'.....

Not quite sure what you mean by that, but you need to have full unrestricted D1 to teach.  Many of us 'older' drivers have D1 under grandfather rights, consequently we have a 'not for hire or reward' clause against it.  The DVLA & DSA say that isn't sufficient for giving training, but no-one has tested it out yet in the courts.

Nigel

#6 07-01-08 21:47:39

FRANKS
Verified Member

Sorry, but what is the Permit Scheme??

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#7 07-01-08 22:12:02

ASW
Verified Member
Website

I hope I have understood correctly - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … G_10013072

Fleet Diploma
or InstructorIntro

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 08-01-08 06:57:48

ExAdiNigel

Can I drive under the permit scheme?

If you had entitlement to drive cars prior to 1 January 1997 you will continue to be able to drive minibuses under the permit schemes, provided your entitlement to drive minibuses (not for hire or reward) remains in force. New drivers who passed their car test on or after 1 January 1997 may also drive a permit minibus provided the driver licensing conditions for those who do not have minibus entitlement are met.

I fully understand the first bit, I have the 'not for hire or reward] against my D1 entitlement, but for those who passed their tests after 1/1/97, what are the driver licensing conditions for those who do not have minibus entitlement are met.?

I think you will find that this permit scheme is for the drivers - NOT the trainers.  That said, are you intending to do this training for free?  In which case there is, probably, no problem.

Nigel

#9 08-01-08 10:42:44

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Continuing on from adiNigel's point that free training is probably no problem:

I know I'm in another continent but Australia's legal system is modelled very closely on the British one, and I was once in a similar position - we have hire or reward entitlements on our licenses too.

I was warned by my ADI trainer that "consideration" was also a factor - i.e. "hire, reward and consideration".

Consideration meant such things as "I'll give you an hour or two behind the wheel and you can mow my lawn next weekend" or similar.
In our jurisdiction, this sort of thing is just as punishable as training for currency or goods although admittedly less likely to come become before a court.

What's the situation in the UK?

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#10 08-01-08 11:27:55

ASW
Verified Member
Website

As much as I would love to charge I think that (after this discussion) if I do it I would probably do it for free (these guys are my church) and although I wouldn't be able to charge in the future without the qualifications, it is still something that I can add to my 'CV'.

Thanks again,

Alan.

Fleet Diploma
or InstructorIntro

#11 08-01-08 12:15:33

ExAdiNigel

What's the situation in the UK?

I think the phrase used over here is "money's worth"!

Nigel

Board footer