You are not logged in.

#1 10-12-07 13:50:34

Lynne
Verified Member

Civic 1.4

I've had my Focus nearly 2 years and it's done nearly 50k miles with no trouble.  Nothing gone but normal wear and tear stuff and the odd 'ding' which would happen in any car.  It's all spick and span now and I'm thinking before anything major goes (and next svc due very soon) to trade it on.

Been thinking about a Civic and lo and behold, on this months DIA mag is an ad promoting it with free this and that (oh and I'll get more   smile)  It's also rated a 4 in Training Car Data so..... I'm on a mission..... big_smile

However does anyone actually drive one/know of anyone whose got one as a training vehicle?  Corporate Honda do have some dual controlled demos so I'd get one for a few days I could use for work but would really love to know if anyone has one and can offer some feedback ??

Thanks smile

10-12-07 13:50:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Civic 1.4

#2 30-12-07 15:06:31

Reindeer
Verified Member
Website

Hi Lynne,

I drove a 1.8 top-spec Civic last year before buying my (non-tuition) family car. Civic was fantastic to drive and very well built, only downside very poor rearward visibility from a teaching point of view. Instrumentation a bit quirky too. Used to work for Honda dealer and build quality and reliability second to none though.

Ended up with 1 series BMW, mainly because the dealer's attitude was much better than the guy at Honda.

Reindeer

#3 30-12-07 22:50:56

Lynne
Verified Member

Hello Reindeer thanks for that.  Hope you're ok..  Not seen you about much lately ..

I went into Honda there were no sales staff around and no one got back to me.  I dont' do chasing people when I want to buy.  But I wish corporate Honda would call me so I can tell them how useless their local dealership is...Anyway changed my mind now and have decided to hang onto the Focus for another year.  Didn't know you worked for a Honda dealer...well when the old dealership was around  I knew a couple of the salespeople.. bought 3 Hondas off them plus what we could 'source' for the fleet at work..they were organised!

#4 31-12-07 00:00:10

Reindeer
Verified Member
Website

I'm fine thanks, quite often see you about in the distance  smile

I did about 18 years in the local motor trade, was at Honda about 1990 - 1994. Sales staff then were James (now at Renault), Pete (think he retired) and Kym who as far as I know transferred when the Suzuki franchise moved across the road... Still see James from time to time...

Is your Focus diesel? If so what sort of MPG do you get? Got to swap to Diesel, the Mini is far too thirsty... Did see a lovely black 56 plate Focus Ghia TDCi which caught my eye recently...

Here's to a happy new year and a full diary for '08!

Reindeer

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 31-12-07 00:14:22

Lynne
Verified Member

I'm fine thanks, quite often see you about in the distance  smile

OK...don't get me mixed up with the other blue, similarly named Focus then....  neutral

I did about 18 years in the local motor trade, was at Honda about 1990 - 1994. Sales staff then were James (now at Renault), Pete (think he retired) and Kym who as far as I know transferred when the Suzuki franchise moved across the road... Still see James from time to time...

Yes I know Kym she sold us 3 Hondas including one we still have and I dealt with her for fleet stuff.  Is she at Suzuki?  I may pop in and see her.

Is your Focus diesel? If so what sort of MPG do you get? Got to swap to Diesel, the Mini is far too thirsty... Did see a lovely black 56 plate Focus Ghia TDCi which caught my eye recently...

No it's a petrol.

Here's to a happy new year and a full diary for '08!

You too.  Did you know Antony is off travelling for 10 months..going in about 4 weeks...there could be a pub meet 19/20th Jan..PM me if you're interested/know any old work mates from the past...

#6 31-12-07 10:36:21

Reindeer
Verified Member
Website

I think Kym transferred to Parkstone's when they took over the Suzuki franchise. Don't know whether she's still there or not... I went in there to have a look at the Seat Ibiza and Suzuki Swift a few weeks back and got completely ignored in the showroom for 40 mins... Like your experience with Honda, they won't be getting a second chance. Had Kym been there then I'd have collared her!

I did know about Antony's travels, I'll post a note on the old Demon employees group on Facebook... Would like to catch up with him before he goes.

Reindeer

Board footer