You are not logged in.

#1 23-12-07 18:17:23

skip qualify
Verified Member

BT web space

Hi all,
I have BT broadband option 3, and I am trying to access my free 15mb of web space so I can post simple word files ( saved as Web Pages ). Just want to dip my toes into the water before i use better web page software.The BT site is soooooooooo unhelpful, could anyone provide a link or two to point me in the right direction ?

SQ...lost the will to live  smile

23-12-07 18:17:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: BT web space

#2 23-12-07 18:52:36

DampDog
Verified Member

I don't use BT but I get 200mB free webspace from Freedom2surf.com
They should provide you with a domain name and URL address that yours, additionally a username or password so you can access the site. Don't know what software BT provide but basically the site is just a space to put stuff. You may need an FTP application to load files to the site. I use filezilla which is free and pretty good.

Sure someone on here will be able to help you out, there are a few who are into that sort of stuff.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 25-12-07 16:53:04

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

SQ

Don't bother with the free webspace from BT. The URL to get to it is a nightmare to remember and it literally is nothing more than a little hard disk space. You won't be able to do anything decent with your website like have scripts or forms for enquiries, BT don't have the services running on their server. Your best option is to buy hosting from company. I use UKServers.net (http://www.virtualnames.co.uk/lowcosthosting.php3) and get 150mb of webspace, 20 POP3 email accounts, PHP, MySQL, FrontPage extensions all for less than £50 a year. Add to that a domain name of around £10 for 2 years, it's a cheap deal.

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

Board footer