You are not logged in.

#1 20-12-07 15:49:43

iwanadrive

hypnotherapy for driving nerves?!

Hi guys,

I wanted to get your advice/hear from any instructors or people who know someone whose tried hypnotherapy to aid with driving nerves.

You may know that from previous posts i am a really nervous driver and although my driving is at a good standard, i just loose it in stressful situations.  The practice makes perfect route doesn't seem to be working and even my driving instructor has said my driving is great until i left the stressful situations get the better of me.

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who'd used hypnotherapy and whether they had found it beneficial or not.  It's not something i had previously thought of, but now that this nerves problem has been going on for so long (been learning to drive for three years) i feel this may be the final push i need and with my nerves in check i could take a driving test.

Any opinions would be greatly received.  I am a level headed person normally, it's just stressful driving situations make me go to pot!

20-12-07 15:49:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: hypnotherapy for driving nerves?!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-12-07 18:00:01

jackie99100

http://www.avonhypnotherapy.co.uk/drivingphobia.htm I don't know anyone who as tried it but if you do and it works let me no so i can give it a go.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#3 20-12-07 18:25:58

iwanadrive

Hi Jackie99100.  Thanks for that, i had seen that one before and it looks really good and does describe some of my symptoms. It was nice reading the symptoms though and knowing i'm not the only one who gets myself all flustered and forgets what to do.  Like i said, i only become flustered and get stressed in stressful traffic situations eg rush hour traffic, busy roundabouts, otherwise my driving is really good.

It's nice to know though that people are reading this and not thinking that i'm a little bit strange!  I have a last minute consultation booked for tomorrow so am going to go along and see what they say.  Will let you know what the plan of action is, figure anything is worth a try and it may benefit other areas of my life as well.x

#4 21-12-07 19:36:26

jackie99100

Hi iwanadrive.  I am as nervous as you, so please don't think that you are a bit strange.  sad I have terrible palpitations when a big lorry goes past me i cant keep my eyes off those big giant wheels tongue. And i nearly have a heart attack when i am joining a busy road from a side road.I didn't realise that driving would be so difficult.I am having a well deserved break until after the new year as i found that i was trying too hard and became obsessed with driving yikes

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#5 21-12-07 20:41:08

iwanadrive

Hey Jackie.  Know what you mean about becoming obsessed with it, i found that i was trying too hard and it was almost worse because i had my own car. I ended up feeling guilty because i wasn't going out driving that night and instead of having a relaxing evening off i was beating myself up for not taking my car out.

Well i went for the free consultation today and it was actually great.  The guy said it was a common problem and he's treated loads of people for driving nerves before.  He said he's had people who've failed their test loads and people who've been learning for years including one lady who was learning on and off for thirty years!  He said they had all gone on to pass and said that with hypnotherapy it was really easy to sort the problem out.  What was also great was having someone to talk to about it who didn't look at me in a wierd way when i described my problems, some people i have spoken to can't believe i find driving such a struggle.

I have two sessions booked in and am really looking forward to them.  The first one isn't till the 7th of January but i will let you know how i get on.

Thanks jackie, it's nice to know their are other people out there like me who find driving difficult, above the normal stress levels of driving.

Board footer