You are not logged in.

#1 16-10-07 18:03:35

Lianne

Driving In The Dark

Hay people

how are we all

i was weondering what it is like to learn to drive in the dark, i have had about 14 lessons now i think.   i have done driving as it is gettin dark but not like pitch Black like it is now, does the manovers seem harder when it is darker.?  and as the clocks go back soon it will be darker even eariler smile yikes

16-10-07 18:03:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving In The Dark

#2 16-10-07 19:57:44

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hi Lianne, It is a lot different learning to drive in the dark, you have to be really observant, keep your witts about you. Remember that not everyone will dress to be seen in the dark, they forget that you as a driver could easily miss them if they are all in black and there isn't a lot of street lights about.
I'm sure your ADI will help you lots with your manouvers, and he/she won't take you where it's pitch black so don't worry to much hun.
Just listen to what you are being told and you'll be fine.
Best of luck.

Giz

#3 16-10-07 20:01:00

spikeyperch

Good advice from Giz, also remember it is a lot harder to determine the speed of approaching vehicles when it is dark and that the effect of water on the windscreen amplifies the effects of brake lights from cars in front.

Whilst you may find it a bit worrying, use it as a good learning curve, much better to learn how to deal with it when you have a qualified instructor next to you, then having to attempt it on your own after you pass your test.

Good luck Ev

#4 17-10-07 06:48:56

peckerup
Verified Member

excellent advice from evan  8-)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 17-10-07 12:17:22

learnerdriver

Good luck with your night lesson, you'll be fine as you have your instructor there to help you cope. I also find it really relaxing driving in the dark: then again i'm just weird lol

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url

#6 17-10-07 15:14:39

koolchick

I had 2 lessons in dark and enjoyed them its not as busy on roads at night though keep alert and drive as you would in day. Hardest bit for me was seeing where road led to but get used to it and its enjoyable.

#7 17-10-07 18:54:10

Lianne

thanks are all yr advice, i have a lesson on monday, then i think i may have them on a weekend, except in the odd occasion.. :afro: : big_smile

#8 20-12-07 14:23:21

razzie

I had my first evening lesson last week - on my instructors advice my lesson started just before dusk and ended in th pitch black, so that I could  get used to it as it gradually got darker. This was really helpful and I actually found it quite relaxing driving in the dark, as for some weird reason I felt calmer. I would get the "dark" lessons out the way whilst you have the support of your driving instructor - its not as bad as you think.

#9 20-12-07 15:38:42

koolchick

I lie driving in dark as much as in light tho can take a bit of getting used to. It is harder to see things like where road goes but ajust your speed to suit the conditions and keep alert. I had 2 lessons in dark in summer 1st I asked for so only had an hour then had to change ADI and new one wanted to do lesson in dark so had 2 hour one enjoyed both. Now since passing I've driven in dark loads.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 20-12-07 21:15:42

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

I lie driving in dark

Im hoping thats a typo kool  tongue

Board footer