You are not logged in.

#1 14-11-07 20:42:35

premier997bus1fan

Overtaking

Hiya

Just wanted to know why so many people over take other people on the roads. So far I must have had about 4 or 5 cars over take me on my right hand side since I've been driving. Not every day but some days, I'm doing the correct spead limit etc but they just want to over take and I've had 1 cut me up. Why is that? They didnt do it while I was learning. lol, I find it so annoying. lol.

Krystle

14-11-07 20:42:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Overtaking

#2 14-11-07 20:51:18

Karenadi
Verified Member

Stress!  Everyone is in such a hurry that they are oblivious to what they are doing sometimes.

Just use your mirrors, drive properly, and let them get on with it.

How is it going anyway?  You driving to work now?

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#3 14-11-07 21:06:14

premier997bus1fan

Yeah they probably are stressed ppl and most of them were women lol who were over taking me lol.

Yeah I'm doing fine thanks its going good.

I drive to one of the garages I work at but not the other one yet.

I really like driving as I get a real buzz out of it lol. Its so challenging working it out on your own thats why i like it.

Krystle

#4 07-12-07 11:15:46

billrhoades
Verified Member

Before overtaking remember, N.O.S!! N= need, do I need to overtake? O= Have I an opertunity to overtake? S= Speed, do i have the speed to overtake staying in the confines of the speed limit, SAFETY, before doing ANY manouvre make sure it is SAFE to do so.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 08-12-07 08:36:17

Karenadi
Verified Member

Before overtaking remember, N.O.S!! N= need, do I need to overtake? O= Have I an opertunity to overtake? S= Speed, do i have the speed to overtake staying in the confines of the speed limit, SAFETY, before doing ANY manouvre make sure it is SAFE to do so.

That's great advice for the people that are reading and are interested, but I feel this post refers to people that are seemingly doing their own thing while others are doing their best to remain safe and within the legal limit.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

Board footer