You are not logged in.

#1 14-11-07 11:29:25

New Girl
Verified Member

Website

I'm considering setting up my own website and was wondering if Jonks was still around?  Or if anybody else can recommend somebody that would be great.

Thanks big_smile

14-11-07 11:29:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Website

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-11-07 14:33:16

Top Marks
Verified Member

Ha ha ha ha ha  ...... pauses for breath ........ ha ha ha ha ha hah !

I would avoid Jonks encase you haven't worked that out, there is a great fella on 2pass.co.UK who will do you a cracking site for a more than fair price. good luck with that.

Mark

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/markadi_2006/av.jpg[/img]

WWW.Top-Marks-SoM.CoM

#3 14-11-07 22:08:28

New Girl
Verified Member

Oh - I'm all intrigued now!  Will check out 2pass.co.uk

Ta yikes)

#4 14-11-07 22:48:19

PiperIan
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Hee heee heeeee haaa haa haa  big_smile.. Pause for a big breath ..  big_smile Haa haa haa haa. big_smile  along with 'Top Marks'.  I have no puff left for my bagpipes now.

Steer well clear of Jonks !!!

You could have a look at this site:

http://www.driving-instructor-sites.co.uk/

It is run by a Darren Berrecloth who is now a member of this forum.  I watched him give a talk at the MSA seminar in Scotland last Sunday and I was very impressed with him.
Have a look at some of his examples which are very reasonably priced.
Apparently he is prepared to set up a draft for you at no cost or obligation.

I'll never forget Wotzizname !!!

#5 16-11-07 15:14:27

New Girl
Verified Member

MMMMMmmmmmmmm - right - is someone going to tell me what I missed or what?

Thanks for the link by the way yikes)

#6 17-11-07 22:21:18

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

also try lee at www.webserve4u.co.uk  highly recomended - he's my bro lol but credit where credits due tho does a nice job

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#7 18-11-07 07:32:49

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Hi New Girl,

because I'm sitting here safely on the other side of the globe from you, I'll venture to make some comments from a position of safety*.

Jonks is the original owner/developer of this site (all credit to him!) and he made some offers to forum members for low-cost sites and some members took him up on it. (He doesn't own it now).

As far as I know they were satisfied with the sites but not with the aftermarket service i.e. they couldn't get their sites updated and had little or no success contacting Jon either through the forums or directly as he insisted they should do.

I thought his sites were good value but as I didn't use his services I can't really comment on his support, I did note he rarely replied to posts addressed to him and rarely answered a PM either. I think the forums were so unexpectedly successful, and so big, that he couldn't find the time to deal with the "issues" of people who were not his mainstream (web development business) clients. Well that's my opinion.

Anyway PiperIan and Kieth-adi have pointed you to a couple of good providers, so you shouldn't have any problems there.

PPS VandaADI has the site now (I think) and it is even bigger & betterthan ever.

*Aren't I a coward?  big_smile

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#8 18-11-07 13:13:24

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

Not all of us took the "low cost option"

http://www.learnnpass.co.uk/

Driving should be fun

#9 07-12-07 19:53:01

billrhoades
Verified Member