You are not logged in.

#1 05-12-07 19:42:10

penelope pitstop

Questions

Ok i'm going to try lessons again so when i'm ringing round driving schools and deciding who to go with What sort of questions should i ask them.

And would it be too much to ask for 2-3 lessons a week  as i feel i can't go a week between lessons as i haven't really got a car to practice in.

05-12-07 19:42:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Questions

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 05-12-07 19:55:03

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

Rather than "picking a name" from adirectory or website ask around your friends & colleagues as to who has a good reputation in your area. Then book an assessment lesson to see if you feel "comfortable" with the instructor. Explain your concerns about the number of lessons per week. Personally I would recomend 2 x 1½hr lessons per week rather than 3 x 1hr. The last thing to check out is the price, an instructor with a good reputation may cost you an extra £1 or £2 per hour but may well get you to test standard quicker.

#3 05-12-07 22:09:35

learnerdriver

Check they are a fully qualified ADI not just a PDI.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 05-12-07 22:20:41

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Check they are a fully qualified ADI not just a PDI.

Yes thats worth asking.....but dont right someone off for being a PDI

#5 05-12-07 22:23:22

learnerdriver

I agree Binty it's just my first instructor was a PDI was brilliant but couldn't pass his part three so I was left without instructor: worth being aware of!

Now knowing what I know I'd at least expect a discount from an PDI: After all you wouldn't pay a trainee hairdresser full price for a haircut!!

event.png
[/url

#6 06-12-07 04:46:34

penelope pitstop

Busheyfields - thanks for all your advice there very informative and helpful thanks very much all advice taken on board

learnerdriver/binty thank you too. When i was learning before instructor wasn't fully qualified but i guess there are some good ones but my confidence took a knock hence the stopping of my lessons

#7 06-12-07 10:55:06

learnerdriver

Good luck with finding someone: you can always do some trial lessons with different instructors until you find one you click with.

event.png
[/url

#8 06-12-07 18:14:28

penelope pitstop

thank you learnerdriver.
I've just noticed your signnature. Cool!!!

Board footer