You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-11-07 15:29:57

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Part 2 pass with a clean sheet.

Phew, glad that's over.

Now my wife can have her car back.

When the SEADI cut the test short after 45 minutes, I was a little concerned.

Then he told me it was only the second clean sheet he had given in 11 years, that made me a bit happier   big_smile

20-11-07 15:29:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 pass with a clean sheet.

#2 20-11-07 18:56:00

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

big_smile Congratulations!!!

#3 20-11-07 20:21:20

GrahamADI
Verified Member

Show off  tongue

#4 20-11-07 21:27:51

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

wOW excellent excellent result, very well done, I managed 2 faults and thought that was good!

Now the easy part, part 3!

(i made it hard for myself, dont do what i did)

#5 20-11-07 22:22:02

Karenadi
Verified Member

That is just brilliant.  Hope Pt III goes as well.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#6 21-11-07 06:42:12

hector
Verified Member
Website

Excellent result Kaf

three quarters of an hr test though? id apply to take it again-most mistakes happen in the last 15 mins!

Just shows the incompetence and inadeques of the DSA...

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#7 21-11-07 08:19:55

Karenadi
Verified Member

lol lol

Honestly Hector.  They are so efficient it's untrue.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#8 21-11-07 15:28:48

canagoon
Verified Member

Well done... was that your first time?

How did you manage to get over the nerves.

I had my part 2 coupke weeks a go and failed.  Although i did not think I felt particularly nervous they must have beent here because I was making mistakes that had never happened before and with manouvres was worse than a learner driver..

Any tips, seeing as you did soooo well??

Congrats and best wishes for part 3. big_smile

#9 21-11-07 16:07:23

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Just practiced the route a few times so the unexpected became less so unexpected.

Also mentally tried to talk myself through the hazard system when I could.

That was not so easy as I spent a fair amount of time in general conversation with the SEADI !

My only advice is, convince yourself you are good, be hard on yourself in practice and refuse to allow any faults in your own driving.

Then on test day have an arrogant attitude, tell yourself that you are the best driver on the planet and you are going to damn well prove it to the SEADI.

Always been my approach to any test situation, for me it works.

Also had a natter with a few of the ADI's in the waiting room before going out, they shouted 'good luck' as I went out, that was nice for the spirit.

#10 21-11-07 20:50:42

Luchell
Verified Member

I bet there would be lot more clean sheets if part twos were cut 15 minutes short more often to.

#11 22-11-07 07:49:13

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Wasn't 15 mins, more like 7 or 8.

I know the route well, it was a loop of about a couple of miles of by-pass past the DTC and back again that was missed out.

#12 22-11-07 14:49:36

Luchell
Verified Member

Sorry my fault, i misread your original post that it was cut short AFTER 45 minutes not on 45 minutes  smile

#13 22-11-07 21:58:16

hector
Verified Member
Website

Sorry Kaf

i misread it too- bare in mind though part 2 examiners hardly ever keep to routes so nothing unusual with deviation.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#14 04-12-07 14:34:39

canagoon
Verified Member

good advice, my prob is i have never been confident enough to do the whole pMA thing in case i jinx myself!!!

one question.. I am taking my part 2 next week for the second time.. I am getting mixed messages about something.  I have trouble with bay parking so an instructor told i could use stickers on my doors as reference points.. Is this right??

Am i allowed to have stickers on my side doors as reference points to use in my part 2.. Or will the examiner go mental and take them off or cancel or label me as cheating...?

#15 04-12-07 19:27:28

hector
Verified Member
Website

Canagoon

If you need stickers as reference points your probably not ready for a part 2!

Stickers are fine though, what car have you got?

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Board footer