You are not logged in.

#1 21-11-07 16:58:41

Super Mario

What a disaster

Hi I've just had my 16th lesson in a automatic and I've been doing so well in it up to now then today omg. yikes  Coming up to junctions to fast, going round roundabouts too fast, drove over a mini roundabout.  Then I come out this road where there is roadworks.  There's a sign telling me to go over to the right and I'm so busy thinking how much room I need to give that I failed to see the car that was oncoming till my instructor said brake.  Then we drove along a dual carriageway and I had tears running down my cheeks cos it was so bad.  So got off the dual carriageway and into a quet estate and pulled over and had a chat.  Then drove to college without any mishaps.  The only consolation is I didn't nearly hit the kerb in the way in like I did last week.  Well I need to get this off my chest and ask any learners how many of them have cried in front of their instructor.  This was my first time and I felt so ashamed.  Still going to carry on and put this behind me.  Bring on Tuesday at 2:15  Thanks for reading.

21-11-07 16:58:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What a disaster

#2 21-11-07 18:00:24

jackie99100

You sound like me on my last lesson  big_smile only i had a cry when i got in and i am a 30 something woman can't say my proper age as that is bad enough.It's good to get it off your chest though isn't it.We will get there one day i am sure. tongue

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#3 21-11-07 18:08:12

bobbycat
Verified Member

Hey, i am not a pupil but an instructor and it does not happen too often but i have had tears in the car for varying reasons.  People cry when they pass, cry when they fail and i have also had people crying when they just dont feel they are getting anywhere.

Everyone has a bad lesson every once in a while sometimes for know apparent reason. Your instructor did the right thing in taking you away from the busy areas and calming you down before you were able to continue.

Dont spend too long worrying about it as your instructor will have seen it all before.  If you have any concerns about your progress, whether you think you are doing too much too early or not particularly confident in busy situations then let your instructor know.  Or it could have been just one of those days, it happens.

Next week will be better.  Good Luck. Keep smiling. big_smile

#4 21-11-07 19:34:24

Tracey89

Keep going like BobbyCat says everyone has their bad days, it will come together eventually! My twin sister cried today when she passed her driving test today because she was so happy for herself!

Keep going and Keep smiling big_smile you will get there!!!

XxTJxX

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

#5 21-11-07 22:19:58

Super Mario

Well my instructor did say that people will pull over and suddenly burst in to tears saying they can't do it.  My instructor then asks them what have they been doing for the last few weeks.  I get so annoyed with myself.  I've had bad lessons before in fact worse than that and I held it till I got home. 

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 21-11-07 23:52:52

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

it will improve. you will get there, take a big deep breath, chill, and do it again o/

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#7 22-11-07 09:51:27

kjs
Verified Member
Website

Just a bad day at the office super mario. Nearly ALL DRIVERS have one from time to time, it's not unique to yourself. Put it behind you, learn from it and move on.

You'll be fine. Like said earlier, your instructor will have seen it all before and did the right thing getting you away from the busy area.

Dont worry if you think that it seems to take forever to learn. Everyone is different and learns at different speeds.

Keep your chin up

kjs

#8 22-11-07 12:17:19

koolchick

Every one has bad lessons I remember a few where my ADI had to tell me everything one I just couldn't concentrate so I did what my ADI said and wasn't as bad as it could of been. One where everything went wrong and I went past getting wound up over it and just laughed it off had to slam brakes on twice in 5 mins at traffic lights couldn't RRC to save my life mite read that lesson in my blog to see what else went wrong. It mite be worth you writing down as much as you can about bad lessons cos they really do make funny reading later on.

I've never cried in a lesson but did after 4 out of 5 tests and oddly the worst result one is the only one I didn't cry after. Loved most of my lessons only the last week of lessons before my last test I wasn't keen on cos new ADI was picking as many faults as possible. One or two other lessons I was not that bothered if I drove or not about 2 with 1st ADI and one with 2nd ADI the one with 2nd ADI was after bad mock test so I'd had enough and not sure if he could tell but he said he'd drive for last 30 mins and normally I'd be disappointed but I wasn't bothered this day and it was him who said he would add the time to next lesson which I hadn't thought of but accepted and enjoyed the next lesson.

#9 23-11-07 15:40:30

bay

I have cried in front of my instructor felt really stupid. Could not do the reverse round the corner and got really annoyed with myself, next time was because I got called names by some youngsters when I stopped at a junction and last time was because I failed my test although I tried not to.

5th Test Passed 22/04/08

#10 25-11-07 15:00:39

iwanadrive

I haven't as yet cried in front of my instructor but have certainly felt the tears welling up a few times.  Driving is such as stressful business when your learning that sometimes it can all become too much and it can cause the emotions to go haywire. You seem to be remaining positive which is good and remember all that you've learned and the good decisions you've made.

#11 26-11-07 21:52:04

Leprechaun

i had one lesson where i cried - it was one of those days when everything just went wrong sad It was getting to the end of the lesson and i was driving home quietly just holding it together, my ADI gently playfully tapped me and said "I bet you feel like screaming?" Well i didn't scream - just started crying  :cry: :oops:

I'm a teacher now and only last week i had a pupil burst into tears in her lesson - she'd convinced herself she was crap sad I hope she's happier / more positive this week

#12 27-11-07 15:42:00

Super Mario

Well thought I'd update this.  Much better lesson this week.  Instructor says my manouvres are getting better and I didn't have any crocodile tears.  Still having a bit of trouble deciding how much to press the brake when going down hill.  Didn't drift out so much this week.  So much happier. big_smile smile smile big_smile

#13 27-11-07 17:18:32

iwanadrive

Glad things were a bit better for you this week super mario, sometimes its just these one off lessons and we will all get there in the endxx

#14 27-11-07 20:04:26

Tracey89

Good to know your lesson went well today Super Mario, keep going you will get there  big_smile

xX.:Can we bring yesterday back around coz I know how I feel about you now....:.xX

*Theory Tessed passed on 20/06/08 - Questions: 48/50 & H&P: 51/75*

Board footer