You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-11-07 13:15:46

jackie99100

Lesson from Hell

Hi, as anyone got this dvd, i am thinking of buying it as i am having a few problems :oops:, i have just had my 18th lesson and i am still having problems coming out of side roads into main road, i know exactly what i have got to do but i seem to go brainless as soon as i have a lesson,i lose consentration if i am waiting at a junction i am easily distracted by other cars i do not seem to be thinking about what i should be doing.Today i stoped at lights and left the car in 3rd gear, and of course i stalled.i feel way behind on my learning and feel i should be doing better.I think i am starting to get on my instructors nerves as he seems to be getting inpatient with me which makes me worse.I think i have got a problem give me a written test any day and i would pass 100% now my instructor thinks i am trying to hard. And another thing while i am here having a moan again,How does he expect me to take in all this info while i am driving and he is talking,Eg today he is explaing when to go into 2nd gear and when to change to 1st if i am coming up to a closed junction and here is me trying to follow his previous instruction taking my 2nd on the left thinking MSM slow 2nd gear steering OH MY GOD :evil:! i want to scream SHUT UP WHILE I AM DRIVING! :evil:, there i feel better getting that off my chest.  :oops: here is the link i nearly forgot  http://www.learn-to-drive-dvd.com/

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

20-11-07 13:15:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Lesson from Hell

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#2 20-11-07 15:18:14

ExAdiNigel

....I think i am starting to get on my instructors nerves as he seems to be getting inpatient with me which makes me worse.....

There may be the problem!  If he is getting impatient with you get rid and find one with more patience!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 20-11-07 18:40:47

FRANKS
Verified Member

Here Here

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#4 20-11-07 18:58:11

koolchick

The actual driving and doing the right things at right time is the hard part I was exactly same as you after abou 3 month of lessons I knew every detail of what I should be doing but couldn't get it right in lesson.I'd see car slowing down in front and carry on going same speed tho if I was asked what I should do I'd say slow down but just didn't do it. It will get easyer with practice.

#5 20-11-07 19:34:14

caterpillar

I thought I was good at multi tasking until I started having driving lessons then I began to wonder if I was just a bit thick, there were days I couldn`t do anything right. Driving didn`t come easy to me and as I am a mature lady
I thought my age was a disadvantage, but with the help of a very good and patient instructor who never once raised his voice or showed he was annoyed with me.I passed my test. Get a new instructor. Good luck

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 20-11-07 20:24:02

jackie99100

The actual driving and doing the right things at right time is the hard part I was exactly same as you after abou 3 month of lessons I knew every detail of what I should be doing but couldn't get it right in lesson.I'd see car slowing down in front and carry on going same speed tho if I was asked what I should do I'd say slow down but just didn't do it. It will get easyer with practice.

Thanks Koolchick i often read your blogg it is really good, smile

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

#7 20-11-07 22:58:56

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Hiya Jackie99100 where in UK are you?

You won't believe this but I'm an incredible patient driving instructor!
with a sense of humor in a Nissan, even my car has a sense of humor, its wipers won't work, I had to abandon a lesson yesterday as we could't see - lol
Regards
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#8 20-11-07 23:06:33

jackie99100

Hiya Jackie99100 where in UK are you?

I am in Merseyside.Good website But i am not changing him i will stay with him a while it is no good be blaming him because i am a slow learner, he was inpatient today but he might of been having a bad day i will give it a bit more time. Thanks though.I just like to have a good moan more often than not tongue

#9 20-11-07 23:24:31

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

hi jackie, dont be too hard on yourself. we all learn at different rates and as you say you know what you should do i'm sure it wont be long until you are doing it. in your head you'll have good lessons and bad lessons but sometimes a bad lesson is exactly the opposite because a lesson was learned? you need to focus, try your best but try to relax and i'm sure results will come. your adi should be a calm and patient person. if you feel your adi is being impatient - tell them. good luck for the future and i hope to be reading of better times soon. regards keith

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#10 21-11-07 06:00:23

ExAdiNigel

with a sense of humor in a Nissan....

You'd have to have a sense of humour in a Micra!

Nigel

#11 21-11-07 06:04:51

ExAdiNigel

.... But i am not changing him i will stay with him a while it is no good be blaming him because i am a slow learner, he was inpatient today but he might of been having a bad day i will give it a bit more time. Thanks though.I just like to have a good moan more often than not tongue

Give him a bit longer if you wish, but don't feel you have to stick with him.  You are absolutely right not to blame him because you may be a slow learner, but he must NOT lose patience with you.  If he continues to lose his patience he will have a detrimental effect on your learning and you could take even longer.

Nigel

#12 25-11-07 15:16:22

iwanadrive

Hi Jackie.  I've got no advice i'm afraid other than to say, go at your own speed.  I've been learning on and off for three years and am an incredibly slow learner when it comes to driving, however give me some theory and i'm fine. 

Like you said, give your instructor some time and see if things improve between you two, if not consider changing, some instructors have ways of teaching you that you can just click with.  Also don't beat yourself up.  Look at the positive things you achieved from the lesson, heck at least you didn't have an accident!!  Also look at how far you've come since you started.

Keep smiling big_smile

#13 25-11-07 16:04:17

jackie99100

Thanks alot everyone for your replies, it is turning out harder than i thought i really underestimated this learning to drive as it looks so easy tongue, but i will get there one day i have realised it is going to take time so i AM going to be a bit more relaxed about it all. big_smile

#14 25-11-07 23:25:32

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

some do find it easy, some not. doesnt mean the former make the better drivers  roll stick at it - you will do it  big_smile

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

Board footer