You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 24-11-07 18:58:27

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

Comments on my new site

Wasn't sure where to post this but as there are postings on here referring to websites, thought I'd post it here.

I've been playing with some new website design software and playing with a new layout and I'm looking for feedback on it. There data is a little out of date so don't worry about the content so much.

Old site - http://www.elitedrivertraining.co.uk

New site - http://www.elitedrivertraining.co.uk/newsite

Thanks

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

24-11-07 18:58:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Comments on my new site

#2 24-11-07 19:04:55

DampDog
Verified Member

I tend to think the first site looks a little more coherent. The bright green on green are a bit much for my taste, but if you like it, you like it.
Not bad though much better than some.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#3 24-11-07 19:59:26

Luchell
Verified Member

I prefer the look of the second one, all down to personal taste at the end of the day. I find it easier on the eye  smile

#4 24-11-07 20:02:31

driver69

Old site wasn`t bad but I like the new site more. Like DampDog, not sure about the green on green.

I like the panels where you have the prices in, might nick that idea  :evil:

What is the software you are using?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 24-11-07 20:20:36

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

What is the software you are using?

It's Serif's WebPlus. It's a WYSIWYG editor which is fairly easy to use and can do the panels and more easily.

http://www.serif.com/webplus/webplus10/index.asp

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

#6 24-11-07 20:48:20

Lucky245
Verified Member

I like the first site better although but the 2nd's layout is more user friendly and less fussy.  I would update the first site without the fading etc too fussy for most people

"Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean its wrong!!!"

RoADA Gold

#7 24-11-07 22:51:58

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

In the new site the car image has jagged white edges, if you email me the original (in a larger size) I can get rid of those for you so it has a smooth grey background.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer