You are not logged in.

#1 13-08-07 17:41:09

Carl

Arghhhh!!!! Now it's my turn

Well, had the dreaded letter from the DSA this morning - you are invited for a check test on 12th Septermber at 12pm.

This would be number 5 since qualifying. Last one was in April 2004 when I got a grade 5. Thought I'd be safe until next year, but no.

Oh well, now need to find a suitable pupil and something to work on. Last check test was a role-play due to being let down the night before by the pupil so will plan for that too, just in case.

Really going to try for a grade 6 this time.

Carl

13-08-07 17:41:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Arghhhh!!!! Now it's my turn

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-08-07 18:42:53

Luchell
Verified Member

Seems they are making their way through DTT bit by bit Carl  lol Got lots of time to prepare, good luck getting that 6, what do you plan to do any thoughts yet?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 13-08-07 19:23:54

Carl

what do you plan to do any thoughts yet?

None at the moment. I have a pupil with a test on 20th September so I may be able to do a pre-test type lesson or I have two Pass Plus' coming up early September or I may do role-play. My biggest problem is that most of my pupils are evening/weekend. Don't have many at the moment who are free in the day.

Carl

#4 13-08-07 20:09:18

Angel
Verified Member
Website

I'm in a quandary as I have a check test on Sept 13th but am waiting to get my fleet badge so dont know whether to do an ordinary one or fleet. I think I could delay it if I do fleet but I haven't done any fleet work as yet as not on register so its the chicken and egg situation. Any ideas what I should do? Am I likely to come up again soon for a fleet test if this one isn't?  :?

I'm teetering on the brink-please push!!

ADI car and Fleet trainer

#5 13-08-07 21:36:37

Madiggy
Verified Member

Hi Angel

If you have sent off your paper work for your Fleet licence and the cheque has been cashed you should defer the CT and do a Fleet CT or you will end up having to do both to keep your Fleet badge. It seems to hinge on wheather the DSA have you Fleet registered at the time of your CT. Take care and good luck.

Iggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#6 13-08-07 21:47:01

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Seen as everybody else seem to be getting check tests I thought i would check when i had my last check test and it was Friday 13th of June 2003, So i await my letter as SE told me she we will see me in  4 years time, officially I am 2 months over due.

#7 13-08-07 21:58:19

Angel
Verified Member
Website

Thanks for the best wishes Iggy. will ring up and defer...again.

I'm teetering on the brink-please push!!

ADI car and Fleet trainer

#8 30-09-07 13:28:10

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

Hi Carl, How did it go?

#9 11-11-07 15:22:51

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

Hi Carl, How did it go?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 17-11-07 21:27:07

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

Hi Carl, How did it go?

I had to do a role-play as I couldn't find a pupil and opted for a test failure pupil. So, he gave me a DL25 with 24 minors and 6 serious marked (plenty to get my teeth in to).

It went okay, not as well as I would have hoped. Ended up with a 4 which is lower than last time where I got a 5 so I've got a bit of work to do.

Before the check test, I asked if he minded if I recorded it so I could watch it back after. He said "Sorry but I'm afraid that's not allowed" so it blew that out of the window. Strange thing was though, after the test he was very interested in the camera system and asked me did I find it helpful and did my pupils feel they benefit from it.

So, don't need to worry about a check test 'til 2009. Next thing planned is RoSPA test next June/July. Determined to keep my Gold again.

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

#11 19-11-07 21:06:28

Veteran Phil
Verified Member

Hi Carl,  sounds like you were fiddled!
    On the Check Test guidelines it says that on a remedial lesson role play, the SE would mark on the DL25 two serious faults and a few driver faults.
    Christ what did you do to upset him?
    It might have been that camera business i suppose!
    Who did you get this time?
   All the best, Phil...

#12 20-11-07 10:41:14

ChelmsfordADI
Verified Member

[quote author=Veteran Phil]
On the Check Test guidelines it says that on a remedial lesson role play, the SE would mark on the DL25 two serious faults and a few driver faults.

I commented that there were a lot of faults. I'd read on the net it was only usually a couple of serious and a few minors.

Christ what did you do to upset him?
It might have been that camera business i suppose!

I didn't mention the camera system until we were outside and that was after he'd marked the DL25. He was probably annoyed that it was a role-play, even though I'd warned him when I first got the appointment through.

Who did you get this time?

Pete Byrne. He seemed a nice enough guy and I don't have and problems with the test itself. I must be honest and say that my heart wasn't really in it anyway so I think a 4 is fair enough. Better than a 3, 2 or 1.

Carl

Driving Instructor currently working in IT Business Support
BUT looking to return to instructing over the next few months big_smile

DSA Approved Driving Instructor since 1998
RoSPA Gold Advanced Driver

#13 22-11-07 22:42:10

safeway pete
Verified Member

Seems that he should nt have taken a test with that many faults.....he was nowhere near ready.....does the SE think we are miricle workers......

Had mine on wedsnesday.....got a five (4 x 6) and (9 x 5) I am well happy.....think too that If the pupil was a little less nervous I might have got the holy grail...........seems there are many experienced instructors not making the grade on recent check tests.....the SE that saw me has been dishing out 3's like theres no tomorrow.

Better luck next time Carl

Board footer