You are not logged in.

#1 15-11-07 18:02:29

davis956

LGV Earning

big_smile Could anyone give me some advice on how much i could realistically earn as a new C+E driver. :?

15-11-07 18:02:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LGV Earning

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 19-11-07 12:29:19

Target
Verified Member
Website

Alot could depend on the company and driving hours you are working.

I'd suggest anything from £20k upto £35K-I know someone was earning working for Iceland. But then he started at 3am in the morning.

Rates could be different now, but considering you could earn £15k £20k for 7.5t it has to be a little more.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#3 19-11-07 12:45:17

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

there seems to be as much, if not more money, in multi-drop delivering these days

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#4 19-11-07 13:47:50

Target
Verified Member
Website

Indeed....I've done some multi-drop 7.5t whilst I was training to become an adi..

It fell in nicely to be able to sign on at the agency and work part-time. It was not easy work.

Going out with a full load on your tod trying to do everything. The only blessing was we did not have to load the vans.

20-30 drops per day sometimes as far as Dover, or Norfolk was not fun.

So in terms of getting the right drivers you would need to pay the money. Give me 5-10 drops per day or over night all on pallets any day of the week.

I did a stint at DHL or one of those places. Spent one day there and refused to go back.

I've never seen a company so disorganised in my entire life, its surprising anyone gets a parcel.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#5 02-12-07 16:23:22

Iggy
Verified Member
Website

Realistic rates for LGV CE...

I work for a Nationwide Driving Agency based close to Heathrow Airport.. Current rates are:

£9.00 p/h for first eight hours.. (days)
£11.00 p/h overtime
£11.00 p/h Saturday rate
£16.00 p/h Sunday rate

So, for a basic 40 hour week, you'll earn the princely sum of £360.00 (x52 wks = £18,720)

I usually book about 45 to 50 hours a week and don't work weekends.. big_smile

I was offered a job a few weeks ago for a company in Slough who wanted to pay me £6.00 per hour for LGV CE.  yikes

Agencies will usually pay better rates than working for someone full-time, but you can loose a couple of weeks through the year because of no work.. clever use of your holiday entitlement will cover it though.

DSA CBT1D - RPMT
RoSPA (Dip) Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
www.njrmotorcycletraining.com

Board footer