You are not logged in.

#1 10-11-07 15:07:58

infectedcat

Car Part

what is the offside tracking rod and arm???????????

regards

10-11-07 15:07:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Car Part

#2 10-11-07 15:30:38

DampDog
Verified Member

Why do you ask?

It's basically a rod that connects the steering to the suspension (off side = Drivers side) When the steering wheel turns the it moves the steering rack which has a rod on the end. (tracking rod) if the bushes or joint at the end become worn it effects the steering. Occasionally there's another suspension part which is sometimes referred to as track control arm, but both do similar jobs and hold the steering geometry in the correct position.

I'll take a wild guess but has your car just failed an MOT for having a faulty one?

DD

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 10-11-07 20:12:55

infectedcat

I'll take a wild guess but has your car just failed an MOT for having a faulty one?

DD

nah i just wanted to know what it meant. if my 1 million pound car fails its test in feb i would be more than suprised.

thanx for the above i now know what an offside tracking arm is thanx.

Board footer