You are not logged in.

#1 10-02-05 12:46:27

Ammanvalley

Part 2 and Part 3

I'm finding Part 2 quite hard.  Everybody says Part 3 is the worst of them all.  This leaves me in despair!  Did any of you qualified people find the Part 3 easier than the Part 2?

10-02-05 12:46:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Part 2 and Part 3

#2 10-02-05 17:31:42

Alibran

I'm doing part 2 at the moment, and I think what makes it so hard for a lot of people is you have to change habits that may have been established over quite a number of years.  I'm lucky because I did PCV training about 5 years ago so I've already had a chance to practice changing habits and I'm finding much easier the second time around.  I'm even doing pull-push steering without having to think about it now!!!

Don't worry.  You'll get there.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 10-02-05 18:12:16

dashdriving.com
Website

Ammanvalley,

A big lesson here is for you to stop listening to 'what every one says'!

Who would say to you that part 3 is the worst of them all? If trainees say that, how would they know? If a trainee who's failed an attempt at part 3 says it's hard, what does that really tell you? It just tells you that they don't understand it well enough and perhaps need a bit more training.

If your trainer, or any trainer, says that then . . . well, I'll leave you to make your own mind up, but I would be ashamed to tell one of my trainees that any part of the ADI process 'is hard'.

Two reasons . . . first, with good training and a LOT of dedication from yourself, none of the ADI tests are really that 'hard'. Secondly, part 3 simply uses all of the personal skills that you've developed throughout your life. If you can chat to a stranger in a pub about football scores or anything else, and come across in a friendly approachable manner, then you can pass part 3! Simple as that.

Part 3 is all about YOU! It's all about how you communicate and pass on your knowledge and understanding to others. Part 3 will assess your skills to instruct a learner . . . isn't that what you want to do for a living? part 3 is just an everyday, ordinary driving lessons. (oh, ok, with a few differences, but not enough of a difference to matter at all).

Your imagination of what part 3 is like will 'create' negative experiences that will form a barrier to your success. Your trainer sould be giving you very positive views about your training and it should be an enjoyable process. You are learning new skills that will allow you to live the life that you want, and every part of your training should be exciting and fun.

When anyone tells you that "part 3 is hard" ask them, specifically, "what is hard about part 3 and why is it hard?" Don't settle for generalised statements like "It's hard" from anyone.

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#4 11-02-05 13:52:47

donegalbiddy

Hi there

I agree with you dash!  Although I have not taken my part 3 yet, but my brother who lives in Southern Ireland, is an A.D.I.  When I began my training for part 1, I asked him the same question, which part is the hardest?, his answer was whichever part you are doing at the time is the hardest for you, cos it is how you deal with it yourself.  I have went with this attitude going into each test and so far have done okay.  As I said I have not taken the test  for part 3 yet, but I know I can drive to the standard required by the DSA, and yeah, this is what I want to do for a living, i.e. teach people to drive, therefore, why should I think it hard to do part 3.

Hope you don't think I'm being over confident, or anything like that, but a positive approach is always gonna work best, don't you think? wink

#5 12-02-05 00:19:18

disappointed

Absolutely right, Dash!

I don't think the way that the statistics for the Pass Rates at each stage help, either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand it that the percentages quoted are for those numbers of candidates that pass the stage AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT.

They don't take into account those people who try again and pass at the second or third try, thus giving a totally false impression of how difficult that particular stage is.

Ammanvalley, the main thing to remember is, once in role, THE EXAMINER IS NO LONGER AN EXAMINER, BUT IS A PUPIL.  This means that YOU are in control of what happens in the car and if you feel that they're not listening or doing as you've asked, then don't be scared to stop them and find out why.

If you go onto the DSA website and look in the Forms and Publications link (on left of Home page), you'll find the guidance document ADI 1 listed. Download it and have a read, especially pages 19 - 21 which spell out what the Examiner looks for at Part 3. You might be pleasantly surprised smile

Best of Luck!

Board footer