You are not logged in.

#1 04-11-07 11:19:52

handyman

LGV Reversing

Only 3 weeks in job after many years not driving LGV and reversing is rusty.  Anyone know of any good books/CD-Roms or just plain old advice!  Need to show willing with new boss who took me on knowing I had little experience.

Any help gratefully received!

04-11-07 11:19:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LGV Reversing

#2 04-11-07 14:54:56

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Why not go and do a couple of hours with a trainer?

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#3 07-11-07 15:43:42

wiko66
Verified Member

just practice and take your time it will all come back to you

#4 07-11-07 15:44:29

wiko66
Verified Member

oh and dont over steer

#5 07-11-07 19:59:09

Baronway
Verified Member

Yes I agree with wiko66 the key is not to oversteer. I know exactly how you feel. I have held my LGV licence for over 13 years but do not drive full time. When I do get behind the wheel if you take your time and not oversteer you will find it comes back to you. Like riding a bike. Good Luck

Part 1 - Passed
Part 2 - Passed 3 minors

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 15-11-07 02:25:14

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

the driving forward part is EASY, and so is reversing, its ALL about taking your time initially, yes you will see the more experienced blokes swing the trailer round and look "good" with ALL that steering, realistically, just take the steering slow and sure, just like a learner, the "slower you go, the quicker you can react"
Best of luck mate, I sometimes jump in the yard shunter just to keep up to date tongue

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer