You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 31-10-07 10:56:12

Cheddar
Verified Member
Website

Fleet Training Courses - Your opinions please!

Hi all smile

I am currently in the process of developing our Fleet Trainer Diploma which we are hoping will be fully DSA Accredited by March - April 2008.  I am looking for your help and suggestions into what your own experience was of the Fleet Training course YOU took.

I personally qualified as a Fleet Trainer some years ago, and was disappointed by my chosen course provider.  I thought the presentation skills part of the course was overall quite good, but the coaching and driving assessments were woefully inadequate, with the 'trainer' involved actually falling asleep on two occasions!!!  Having been an ADI Trainer for some time, I think that maybe I already possessed many of the skills which the course was set out to provide, but I would be interested to hear from others of their experiences.

For example, what did you think about the duration of the course?  Did you prefer to do the course over 1 week, or would it have been better to split it up over say 3-4 weeks to allow you to assimilate and practice your new skills?

What was the best thing you took from the course?  What things would you have liked to have been included which were not?  :?

I would really appreciate any feedback you would be willing to provide, so that I can develop the best course possible for all future candidates.  Replies may be left on this thread, or emailed to me directly at ged@activedrivingsolutions.com

Many thanks for your time  smile

Active Driving Solutions
Ged Wilmot & Claire Wilmot - Highly Qualified & Experienced ADI Trainers (Grade 6)

DSA ORDIT Approved ADI Training & Development

We also provide ADI Train the Trainer Courses, ORDIT Registration Guidance,
Fleet & Corporate Driver Development, SAFED for Vans, Advanced Driver Training, and more.

Visit our website:  www.activedrivingsolutions.com

31-10-07 10:56:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fleet Training Courses - Your opinions please!

#2 01-11-07 21:06:22

Cheddar
Verified Member
Website

I think you've missed the point of my post!  I am developing a Fleet Trainer Diploma, i.e. to help ADI's qualify as DSA Registered Fleet Trainers.

I'm already fleet qualified!! smile

Active Driving Solutions
Ged Wilmot & Claire Wilmot - Highly Qualified & Experienced ADI Trainers (Grade 6)

Fleet & Corporate Driver Development, SAFED for Vans, Advanced Driver Training, and more.

#3 05-11-07 22:47:14

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

I recently did the Lancs County Road Safety Fleet course.  This was held over 1 week with all assessments on the last day.  The course was excellent and was very well run, with good trainers.

I certainly could not have attended the course had it been split as I lived over 4 hours away.  I was not the only one who was from out of the area.

I would have liked one extra day though covering even more of the driver assessment and coaching.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 06-11-07 09:01:04

Cheddar
Verified Member
Website

I recently did the Lancs County Road Safety Fleet course.  This was held over 1 week with all assessments on the last day.  The course was excellent and was very well run, with good trainers.

I certainly could not have attended the course had it been split as I lived over 4 hours away.  I was not the only one who was from out of the area.

I would have liked one extra day though covering even more of the driver assessment and coaching.

Thanks for your feedback smile

I think we will have to have the two options, as a few people who have emailed me comments have said that taking a week off to do the course would not be a good idea, as it would mean them losing too much money and their pupils or trainees losing out on a lesson or training session.

I agree that for some it will be a better option to do it in a week, so we will look into offering both.

Does anyone else have any other comments or suggestions regarding the actual course content?

Active Driving Solutions

#5 06-11-07 10:45:49

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I'm taking a week off to do a fleet course, intensive situations work better for me.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Board footer