You are not logged in.

#1 29-10-07 12:34:34

rachel05
Verified Member

Risk Assessments

I have just had an email from a fairly large local company asking if I do driver Risk Assessment.  Currently I just do the normal, L drivers, pass plus and refresher courses.  I don't want to turn down this potential income, but just wondered what should be involved in Risk Assessment, and should I have any extra qualifications?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PART 1: Passed 02/03/2006 98% 61
PART 2: Passed 3rd time 03/08/2006 (3 minors)
PART 3: Failed 06/03/2007 4/3
PART 3: Passed 18/04/2007 4/5

29-10-07 12:34:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Risk Assessments

#2 29-10-07 13:56:30

Karenadi
Verified Member

I'm guessing this might be an area for the fleet training guys: but interested to know the answer too: hence my worthless reply. 

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-10-07 14:03:27

VandADI
Administrator

I'm guessing this might be an area for the fleet training guys: but interested to know the answer too: hence my worthless reply.

I have now moved this into the Fleet Trainers section, perhaps you will get more of a response now.  wink

#4 29-10-07 14:26:02

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Strictly speaking I'm pretty sure you don't need to be anything other than an ADI (and there's even some debate about whether a risk assessment is anything to do with driving instruction!).

However I would recommend that if you do take it on you do a Fleet course and get yourself on the DSA Fleet Driver Trainers register.

In it's simplest form a driver risk assessment would involve checking their eyesight and driver's licence (and entitlements depending on what they were being asked to drive), then assessing their knowledge of driving risks and the way that they drive. I would suggest that you ask them what they want from their risk assessments and then devise a course for them.

They may want all of their drivers risk assessed in order to devise a training programme for them, or it may simply be that they want their new employees risk assessed as they are taken on.

Bear in mind that a risk assessment will not make anyone any safer in itself (though it may open their eyes and cause them to change the way they drive slightly), and really needs to be combined with or followed up by good quality training.

Hope this helps as a starter, and I'm sure others will add to this.

#5 29-10-07 16:57:38

whodareswins
Verified Member

Just Google "Occupational Road Risk Assessment".

Without wishing to appear confrontational, if you don't know what a "Risk Assessment" actually is, then you are probably not yet qualified to provide one.

Percy

Grade 6 ADI/Fleet Trainer, SAFED Registered Trainer, Qualified BTEC Assessor

#6 29-10-07 19:29:27

ExAdiNigel

At the moment the fleet register is voluntary, though many companies will insist on the fleet qualification.  It sounds as if this company isn't aware of the different qualifications.

I am not going to suggest you wouldn't be capable of delivering the training, but there is some validity in Percy's comment.  Do some reading up and then see if it is something you want to get involved in.  If it is, then I would start looking at getting fleet registered.

Good luck

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 29-10-07 19:35:55

rachel05
Verified Member

Just Google "Occupational Road Risk Assessment".

Without wishing to appear confrontational, if you don't know what a "Risk Assessment" actually is, then you are probably not yet qualified to provide one.

Percy

Its not that I don't know what a risk assesment is, it was just whether I had to be 'qualified' in any way.  It seems that fleet training would be the way to go, if I'm going to do it I want to be able to do it properly.

PART 1: Passed 02/03/2006 98% 61
PART 2: Passed 3rd time 03/08/2006 (3 minors)
PART 3: Failed 06/03/2007 4/3
PART 3: Passed 18/04/2007 4/5

#8 10-12-08 20:44:39

999 trainer

A Fleet Trainer qualification would be a good starting point, then consider taking The NEBOSH (The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) Gerneral Certificate. This is a Nationally recognised qualification, be warned though, you will need to work hard to pass.

See the NEBOSH site  for more info http://www.nebosh.org.uk/

Fleet Trainer
999 Blue Light Emergency Ambulance Response Trainer (front line & Car)

Board footer