You are not logged in.

#1 28-10-07 12:51:36

Born Saintly
Verified Member

ROSPA and IAM

Hi all have just started training for ROSPA and have also started the IAM course at the same time. My trainer just happens to be an observer for both ROSPA and IAM so am running both together with obviously two tests  at the end.

Went out this morning was told to change gear using the thumb up and thumb down method, which felt a little strange as I have always tried to let my fingers feel there way through the gear box rather than pushing the gears into position.

My biggest fault was gear and brakes overlapping, with a bit of practice I should be ok. A little less speed on the approach to turns will give me a little extra time to change gear after the speed is reduced.

My bend technique was a little out, went to the wrong side on one but commented the correct procedure doh.

Have my next session in a couple of weeks and looking forward to it.
I hope to pass both by Christmas.
Rich

28-10-07 12:51:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ROSPA and IAM

#2 28-10-07 20:08:32

Leprechaun

I'm just curious - why are doing both tests at the same time  :?

I'd have thought it would make more sense to do one then leave a bit of time until you do the other so that you could have continuing practice / assessment rather than a big lump now  :?

#3 28-10-07 20:15:08

Gizmotime
Administrator

I can't understand why you want to do both at the same time either, Why not do the IAM first then do the ROSPA, or visa versa that would be better IMHO.

Giz

#4 28-10-07 23:09:37

Born Saintly
Verified Member

I didn't plan to do both at the same time, and to be honest I've never really been able to see the difference between the two, only one is graded and the other is a Pass/Fail.

I initially applied and paid for the IAM but was told after receiving my pack that I would have to wait 4 months for an observer.

So me being me thought I would do Rospa whilst I waited, they found me an observer within a fortnight,
On meeting Ken I explained what had happened and he informed me he was also an observer for IAM and ROSPA, and if I wanted we could do the training together as the test was much the same.

If I am up to test standard why would I want to continue practicing and having assessments, that makes no sense to me.
At the end of the day its just a drive with a bit of commentry, which I do every day.
Please don't think I'm arrogant, reading back through it does sound like it.
Rich

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 29-10-07 07:15:51

Gizmotime
Administrator

Please don't think I'm arrogant, reading back through it does sound like it.
Rich

That's ok Rich it does look a little bit as if your being "arrogant" but we won't hold that against you big_smile

Best of luck  smile

Giz

#6 29-10-07 17:20:53

Born Saintly
Verified Member

Thanks GIZ your all heart lol
Rich

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 29-10-07 18:03:37

Gizmotime
Administrator

Thanks GIZ your all heart lol
Rich

That's what everyone says Rich big_smile big_smile only because I'm a little  :angel: :angel: big_smile

Giz wink

#8 29-10-07 19:16:13

Dimmy

Ohhhhh it said "a little giZ".  I had to read it a couple of times to make sure.  :evil:

#9 29-10-07 21:03:37

Gizmotime
Administrator

Ohhhhh it said "a little giZ".  I had to read it a couple of times to make sure.  :evil:

Hahaha yes Dimmy a little GIZ not a little git big_smile big_smile

Board footer