You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 28-10-07 08:49:44

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Re: Why are trainers more expensive?

Unfortunately that's not how everyone else works things out.

Some count all of their customers who they've ever had, then work out how many of them passed. If you've had 100 customers leave your company, and 92 of them left because they eventually passed - your pass rate could be 92%! This is how one company I know works things out!

There are a million other ways of affecting pass rates which make them worse than useless as far as comparing driving schools is concerned. If someone asks me my pass rate I sigh and try to explain why they're useless and why people should be very wary of anyone who professes a pass rate above 70%.

28-10-07 08:49:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 28-10-07 08:59:22

Dimmy

Of course  pass rates mean something, and is a good measuring stick as to the quality of the instructor.

Take my own figures for the last month.

I have 100% first time pass rate for the last month, with average 4 driver Faults and 16 lessons. (smugmode enabled).

Well, ok, I only had 1 go to test, and yes, he passed on 1st attempt. But the STATS for last month speak for themselves!!!!!! It's 100%. no one can argue with that !!!!

Dimmy <~~returns to quiet corner and takes tongue from cheek.   neutral > smile > tongue > big_smile > :angel:

#28 28-10-07 09:00:35

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I was so almost reeled back in there dimmy!

Swine!

#29 28-10-07 09:01:04

Dimmy

hee hee hee

#30 28-10-07 12:21:34

Born Saintly
Verified Member

Dimmy you are of course correct but you haven't lied.
Target was implying that if someone left him after failing a test he would dismiss that statistic from his figures.
I can also be smug, since the beginning of July I have been to test 15 times and 13 have passed, a pass rate of 92%.
but I quickly wind my neck back in as I have lost most of my business lol
However over the past calendar year my rate is 61% as i had a run of 7 straight fails before July.

I just think to conveniently lose pupils statistics to make yourself look better than you actually are, is proberly fraud .
Rich

PS when I spell check Dimmy's name it offers me Dummy lol

#31 29-10-07 18:38:40

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I get what you are saying Target, you are querying the use and reasoning of the 7% stat when it is not used in any other form of statistical accounting. I don't know why it is quoted either or who quoted it in the first [place but like has been mentioned statistics are manipulated to imply whatever the author wishes to be implied. Perhaps it was calculated by someone who had been round the track 2 or 3 times and still failed and they wanted it to appear like they were trying to achieve the almost impossible.

Board footer