You are not logged in.

#1 06-02-05 00:15:36

kevin05

ADI Part 2 Advice or Tips

Hi People,

Just started my Part 2, has any experienced Instructors got any good advice when taking the test, i.e. common faults etc....

Thanks

06-02-05 00:15:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ADI Part 2 Advice or Tips

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-02-05 22:09:57

disappointed

OBSERVATIONS during manoeuvers!

Remember to keep an eye on the big picture and don't get so involved with the manoeuver itself that you forget everyone/thing else that may be happening around you.

I'm sure your Tutor will go through this with you.

Best of Luck!

#3 07-02-05 00:29:52

luchell

hi kevin, i know the feeling i started my part 2 training to on the 1st ive got my second onrad on sat 12th i cant wait im waiting to meet my learning partner  and am looking forward to getting together with them and borrowing the spare bsm car to check out southamptons test routes asap!! where bouts you from and who are you training with if i may ask. for some reason after passing part one ive suddenly become very aware of how much of an easy task its not big_smile but im definately up for giving it my ultimate best. so id appreciate any comments on part to aswell.

#4 07-02-05 17:11:14

dashdriving.com
Website

Kevin/Luchell

A major part of driving to any kind of Advanced Level is in developing good observation techniques. If you develop the ability to look further ahead, interpret what you see and anticipate what might happen, you can avoid a lot of 'disasters' that the SE would mark as serious errors.

Take a look at this topic http://www.iseekhere.com/learn2drivefor … t2370.html

The other area to perfect is your use of the msm routine, which should be ms-psl-ad, and the SE should be able to clearly see you using it at each and every hazard.

regards,

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

#5 07-02-05 17:47:25

buzdriver

good forward planing good msm/psl/lada. rouetine also make good progress dont drive like a learner.

#6 08-02-05 00:10:35

luchell

many thanks all information greatly received

#7 09-02-05 02:37:26

luchell

i was just reading a website about adi training and its description of the part two says we have to answer two questions on the maintenance and operation of the vehicle. isnt this just for learners or have the given the wrong info. ive got a lot of ref books and none says the above. any help?

#8 09-02-05 08:59:14

disappointed

No, it's just for learners, this one.

#9 10-02-05 21:07:35

Nimrod

Hi Burleigh,

I just downloaded the ADI 1 document from the DSA website. Asyou already know, this is the bible the SE ADI uses to conduct (and assess) Part 2 and Part 3 exams.

It does not mention ANYTHING about SMTM. I will have a word with my local SE ADI about this because the SMTM was introduced specifically for (ordinary) driving test candidates.

Nim

Board footer