You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 20-09-07 19:06:21

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Just had my 1st........

...After qualifying in February and got mostly 5's and 6's and a few 4's which pleased me as on my part 3 it was mostly 4's, means I must be doing something right! Chose to take one of my recently passed pupils for a burn up and down the motorway which was great fun - never run out of things to talk about there!

At the TC yesterday someone else having theirs whilst I was talking to a few instructors and neither of them had had their 1st one yet - both passed over 3yrs - one of their colleagues has been passed 7 years and not had one. Who decides who gets their check test and when. Seems a bit random!!

20-09-07 19:06:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Just had my 1st........

#2 08-10-07 20:11:45

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

It is well random mate. I qualified 5 months ago and I have one coming up in november!!! Leave it out!

#3 08-10-07 20:19:08

VandADI
Administrator

Hey Brad, good luck with your CT, you know you can do it, coz you are well 'ard  wink

#4 08-10-07 20:20:00

spikeyperch

Well here is the thing, I know they are considered a bit of a pain. But would you want to be instructing for 2, 3 or even nearly 4 years without some sort of feedback. Good luck for yours Brad hope you do well. Ev

#5 08-10-07 20:35:07

pj
Verified Member

Will be a piece of cake , just make sure you read the stuff I've given you wink

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#6 09-10-07 13:42:38

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

I had my 1st. check test last week after qualifying in March and was pleased to be graded a 4 with mainly 5's and 6's on my sheet. It was reassuring to get a grade, but of more importance was the feedback from the S/E and the encouragement he gave.
It may be perverse, but I am actually looking forward to my next check test so that I will have the chance to climb the next rung or two.

#7 15-10-07 16:06:15

Thorny
Verified Member
Website

Had to cancel my check test at short notice. It was due just after the August bank holiday. Took the family away for the bank holiday weekend and ended up in a quite serious RTA.

We were sat at a junction waiting to turn right (crossing situation). A good half mile of straight road behind us. We were waiting for oncoming traffic to clear when I noticed an approaching car from behind did not seem to be slowing...
We were obviously indicating, foot on brake (for the rear lights), hand brake on and crunch!

Police in attendance thought it was at least a 40 mph impact! Elderly gentleman at the wheel claiming it was my fault!!!!!

Bad whiplash injury. Not good when self employed  sad

Annoyed about canceling check test. Had a good pupil and a good lesson planned. The wait for the next date is now on...

#8 16-10-07 12:19:07

Patagonia
Verified Member

That really is such bad luck.  Hope the whiplash improves.

I take it the police are prosecuting your elderly assailant.

Pat

Board footer