You are not logged in.

#1 04-04-04 18:33:06

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Beginner or part trained

Do you prefer to teach a pupil from scratch or a pupil that has been partly taught by another instructor?  :?:

Is your pass rate better with a pupil taught from scratch or a pupil that has been partly taught by another instructor?   :?:

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

04-04-04 18:33:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Beginner or part trained

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 04-04-04 19:03:59

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Kev,

I love first lessons, lots of fun, lots of encouragement and as much driving as they can manage. The detail starts on lesson 2 when I find they are much more capable of listening. (I have a boring voice!)

So yes I love teaching pupils from scratch, but conversely I have a higher pass rate with those that have left their previous instructor. Why that should be I'm sure someone will tell me.

Regards,

#3 05-04-04 09:58:10

Kev
Verified Member
Website

Hi
I prefer to teach a pupil from scratch,and I have a better pass rate for pupils taught from scratch.  big_smile
When I first started as a trainee, I preferred Part trainned, as I could learn from the differant ways they did things,I picked out the best bits to improve the way I do things. :idea:

Always look on the bright side of life.
Kev

#4 05-04-04 15:49:54

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I don't mind what level they are at, But i do find that most people pass first time if i teach them from the start.

Its down to the good grounding at the early stage, Skip any early problems and you are in for a long lasting bad habit thats hard to iron out.

#5 05-04-04 18:16:18

Liesa

I find my 1st time pass rate is higher, with pupils I've taught from scratch.

But I do enjoy the challenge of, teaching pupils that have had lessons with someone else. The biggest part of the challenge is, sorting out any bad habbits they've developed previously!

#6 05-04-04 21:05:01

rachdrive
Website

Hi All,

I have an excellent, from scratch first time pass rate,(only had one who took 2 attempts), But do find the ones who come from other instructors take more attempts!!!

Part of the reason for this, I feel, is that at times of stress they go back to what was orginally taught!!!

Not too sure of the psycology, but true for other areas of life also. eg I can still remember basic french like the words for door or window, but not the more complex things!!!

If I get people to take extra lessons, before test and more mocks the better the results with people who come from elsewhere and those who train from scratch just have one or two mocks!!

Anyway they are my experiences!!!! for what they are worth!!!

Rach 8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer