You are not logged in.

#1 01-07-07 20:48:33

Rockin
Verified Member

Check Test Subjects

Hi Guys

Out of interest what subject did you cover on your last check test and what grade did you get?

Rockin :adibadge:

01-07-07 20:48:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test Subjects

#2 01-07-07 21:01:45

VandADI
Administrator

Had check test March this year, subject was roundabouts but had to cover use of mirrors as an extra as pupil was not checking mirrors -got a grade 5.

#3 01-07-07 21:12:27

ams
Verified Member

Had mine in April - did approach to junctions/roundabouts, focusing on use of routine plus anticipation of other road users. Got a 6.

Qualified Oct 2001 - 1st Attempt 5/4.
Cardington Grade A.
Institute of Advanced Motorists.
NVQ A1 Assessors Award.
ORDIT registered parts 1, 2 & 3.
Grade 6 - April 07

#4 02-07-07 07:24:50

driverpete
Verified Member

Mine was in Feb. Fast dual carriageways; pupil scuffed the kerb a couple of times in the warm up so took some time out (2minutes) to deal with it. Got a 5.

RoSPA Gold
Retired RoSPA Approved Tutor
Retired NDAC & NDAS trainer
Retired ADI

#5 02-07-07 07:50:08

bobbycat
Verified Member

my last check test was in august of last year, i did mini roundabouts but also had to cover mirrors as pupil had seemed to forget what the interior mirror was for.  got a grade 5 so happy with that.  i was told not to do a manoeuvre as you were only likely to get a grade 4.  roll

#6 02-07-07 07:54:53

tom67
Verified Member

March 06 I used approach to roundabouts as warm up as pupil was a bit weak but the main part of my Check Test was right reverse...got Grade 5 for my first ever Check Test, very pleased! I read all about the 'don't do a manoeuvre as the SE gets bored' what a lot of stuff and nonsense! The SE doesn't mind what you do as long as the most important person benefits from the lesson...yes that's right the pupil!

#7 02-07-07 08:06:09

A*
Verified Member

Had 1st check test in May 07, did mirrors and parrallel park, the examiner role played got a grade 4. It was my 1st so gonna aim higher next time.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 02-07-07 11:30:08

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Had my check test jan 06 few months after part three. Did forward planning and anticipation, shame i didn't forward plan the route more since as there wasn't anywhere i could get my 'pupil' pulled over to give her a stronger remedy. Got 5's for Id and analysis but 4 for remedy   roll Overall result was a 4. I've taken a good chunk of extra training since in preperation for being called up for my next hopefully in january next year, i was pleased to have got graded but i wanted more so aiming for a 6 next time  lol It was enjoyable though and very helpful, i had to change the lesson plan halfway through to lane discipline and mini roundabouts which was fine, i just couldn't stop anywhere to do that so had to do it all on the move DOH!

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#9 02-07-07 12:03:20

allister1963
Verified Member

My first is later this month.

#10 02-07-07 13:06:04

pj
Verified Member

Did approaching & emerging on Dual Carriageways ....got a 5

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#11 02-07-07 18:16:07

TC
Verified Member
Website

Did progress/hesitancy,roundabouts and mirrors changing direction,got a 6 with every box marked as a six!

#12 02-07-07 21:10:43

FRANKS
Verified Member

Took mine this morning, finishing off roundabout from previous lesson, also had to work on making progress as we were taking to long getting out of junctions and then getting from there.

I did a normal lesson, what the pupil was due to do, no set up to try and get the best grade.

Retained my 5, happy but still wanting that 6

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#13 03-07-07 15:08:00

Verified Member

My last one was in March this year. I took a girl on her third lesson and did pulling away on up and down hills and turning left. I drove away from and back to test centre. - Straight 6

#14 03-07-07 21:58:15

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

O well I'll be the first to admit it but I failed my first check test last March because I should have changed the lesson plan to T-Junctions. I have another one booked for September using the examiner to roll play. I will be getting extra training before hand and want to change my E to a 6. Fingers crossed.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#15 03-07-07 22:52:07

Steve_Guildford
Verified Member

Did my first check test last Thursday. DSA rang me and asked if I coyld do a check test at short notice (one week) I said I would do it. Couldn't get a pupil so went for roll play. Did Junctions which included roundabouts. Quite pleased with Grade 4, hope for better next time

#16 04-07-07 12:02:18

BassGirl
Verified Member

hi

when you get the letter saying you are due for a check test how much notice do they usually give you?

#17 04-07-07 12:35:10

Green Arrow
Verified Member

I had four weeks warning which was good stuff  smile

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#18 04-07-07 12:36:49

VandADI
Administrator

I had three weeks notice.

#19 08-10-07 20:37:24

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

I had seven weeks

#20 09-10-07 13:45:32

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Also had about 7 weeks.

Board footer