You are not logged in.

#1 08-10-07 13:04:52

KAP

really annoyed this time

Failed my second test today and I'm really annoyed. Really I thought I'd passed despite being really nervous and the examiner barely saying a word! Anyway I did (or so I thought) my reverse behind a car ok and reverse round a corner, did fine on the dual carriage way, had no probs at roundabouts, junctions or anything really. Didn't take a left turn he asked me too but it was fine as I hadn't signalled so he didn't mark me for it. Anyway in the end he gave me a major for, according to him, being to close to the car when I was reversing to do the reverse park. I did this very slowly , kept checking about, and when I saw I was getting a bit close put more right streer on. I think I controlled the car fine. Then he gave me a major for driving over a bit of plastic and felt in the road. It was a flapping bit of plastic and I could see there was nothing underneath it!He said there could have been nails under it! It was a bit of flapping plastic- been more of a hazard if I had gone to the other side of the road to avoid it! Really really annoyed-feel like they are just picking at things. The first test I understand why I failed as I completely messed up a couple of thing and new I hadn't passed the rest of the way through. But I was really shocked at this one.

Looking into booking up my third test now-though pobably be a waste of time and money again. Does anyone know if you have to ring up to catch cancellations at an earlier date or do they update it online as well everyday?

08-10-07 13:04:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: really annoyed this time

#2 08-10-07 23:39:48

posh
Verified Member

sorry to hear you failed sad but these things happen, you never know what will happen on the day you are bound to be disapointed , when i was on test there was this dog running around the car and i didnt know what to do so i just said sheepishly to the examiner im just waiting for this dog to move before i drive on, which i did and i thought to myself that i had failed , but i had passed (thankfully) lol . so chin up and better luck next time. smile keep practicing those manouvres.

#3 09-10-07 10:23:01

rabout
Verified Member
Website

Hi Kap, sorry to hear you failed your test for the 2nd time,  sad let's hope i't's 3rd time lucky. Just a quick thought about the reverse park. You say that when you realised you were too close to the car, you put on more steer to the right. If you did steer to the right, this would have moved the front of your car even closer to the parked car, so maybe the examiner was right on that one. The plastic in the road is more difficult to comment on without actually being there. Just sounds like one of those unlucky things that happen on tests sometimes. The examiner obviously wasn't happy with the way you dealt with it. Anyway, don't get discourage and try to be positive, you almost passed, next time you will.
Re. cancellations, best to keep trying, several times a day if you can. Not sure how often online is updated, the availabe dates should be the same as dates available by phone, you could try asking the question when you phone them. Good luck  wink

#4 09-10-07 16:09:49

KAP

Yeah thanks I have booked in for my next test but have to wait till 21st November which means more lessons, more money etc. Also have the stress of the test to deal with again. Does anyone know if I can ask for a female examiner? The last two guys I've had have been horrible. On my first test, which I have know I messed up in so am not disputing, he was really horrible to me at the end of the test. I asked for feedback and he basically had a go at me, he was really sarcastic, mimicking my actions, interogating me "why did you do this...why did you do that..." He said this in a quite agressive and arrogant way. I wasn't that bad- I didn't nearly hit anyone or anything. Shouldn't they be more professional and simply clamy tell you the mistakes you made and why they marked you down for them? How is that supposed to help someone become a better driver, he almost put me off trying again.

Then the other day on my second test I had a right misery guts. He didn't even introduce himself or say hello, just called out my name and never said a word on the test. Do these people not have any social skills? Examiners compalin all the time about lack of respect and having to put up with bad behaviour but they in turn should show a bit of respect to candidates paying nearly £50 for a test!

#5 13-10-07 09:54:43

madison

Hi Kap, I'm really sorry to hear about your bad test experiences, I was very fortunate in that I had a lovely DE which really helped me and I wasn't at all nervous during the test. I hope your next one is much better for you, good luck.

Madison x

Board footer