You are not logged in.

#1 12-07-07 15:46:09

dickdastardly
Verified Member

Why do Mothers have to be so dumb! (some Fathers too).

Don't shout at me if this isn't you.

I have noticed this a lot lately and watched it happen again as I waited to pick up one of my pupils for his lesson earlier today.

Why oh why do Mothers (also some Fathers) insist on getting their babies and young children out of their seats on the road side. Surely it's much safer for everyone to get them out on the pavement side. I've even seen them have their children sitting on the nearside of the car and then park the 'wrong way', this still puts the youngsters nearest to the road.

Whats more annoying is those that allow the youngster to get out and walk unattended round the back of the car.

Think of it this way, if you teach them safety at an early age they will carry it forward into later life.

12-07-07 15:46:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Why do Mothers have to be so dumb! (some Fathers too).

#2 13-07-07 05:26:53

ExAdiNigel

I don't think some people give it any thought.  Would we all have thought much about it before our training for this profession?

Having said that, if there is a baby & a toddler in the car, I would put the baby on the offside so the toddler can get out onto the pavement.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 14-07-07 21:10:28

Target
Verified Member
Website

I think they have one mission.

Get to school in the quickest possibly time, park as close to the school as possible without due regard for other parents who may be walking. 4x4 are better as this give a free permit to park on pavements and cause obstructions in the road for anyone going about their daily business. :evil:

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#4 15-07-07 06:03:34

dickdastardly
Verified Member

You must see the same parents as me TargetADI. Total disregard for anyone else.

#5 07-10-07 11:52:21

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I put my toolbox on the left hand side of the boot and put my training materials briefcase behind the passenger's seat etc for the same reason.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer