You are not logged in.

#1 06-09-07 22:03:19

Carlos Fandango
Verified Member

Police, Camera,.............er.....Slap On The Wrist And A Nice Cup Of Tea !!!!

Is it just me that finds the leniency of sentencing handed out to the morons shown in these sort of programs unbelievable?

I see no real  difference in taking to the streets in an uninsured ( and probably un roadworthy ) car than walking about carrying a loaded gun in your pocket.

And yet , what sentace would each carry ??

What sort of a message does this send out??

Personally,I think there should be a zero tolerance attitude to this sort of behaviour with severe custodial sentencing for first offences.

This of course this would necessitate a reversal of current policy , namely the reintroduction of a significant number of traffic officer to catch the little B++++++s in the first place, which would in turn involve extra expense.............mmmmmmm.....Ooh I know!!!......let's just blame driving instructors for not instilling the proper attitude.........job done!

What a crock!

What'd think??

A very despondent

Carlos

06-09-07 22:03:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Police, Camera,.............er.....Slap On The Wrist And A Nice Cup Of Tea !!!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-09-07 22:13:40

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Re: Police, Camera,.............er.....Slap On The Wrist And A Nice Cup Of Tea !!!!

Know exactly what u mean carlos.....traffic cops on bbc1 last nite....one guy charged with failing to give a specimen hed fallen asleep at a junction, they only managed one breath test which read 207!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what did he get? few hrs community service......says it all   roll

#3 18-09-07 07:51:11

hayzy
Verified Member
Website

Political correctness gone mad we just have to put up with it.

oh dear

#4 18-09-07 12:14:33

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

The only way to not upset your life, Carlos, is to ignore the brainless stupidity going on in our (Oz and UK's they are both the same) courtrooms.

I can't ignore it, it tends to put a dampener on my outlook. But what can I do about it apart from joining the legion of Letter-To-Editor writers who's views are completely ignored by the judiciary?

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 01-10-07 18:41:16

peckerup
Verified Member

just to add a bit to this folks. back in april 1st of this year, i was assaulted by two drunken individuals whereby one of them thought it a good idea to stick some form of lance into my shoulder. after the statements on the night and the full address of one of the culprits, it has now taken till now for the police to catch up with the second offender. of course the two have dismissed the event ever took place but, the pair of offenders spouses have both said that the incident was due to the pair being very, very drunk.the spouses were in attendance at the time of the incident. as a pair of separately written statements,the policeman told me the other day that each individual was blaming the other !. good mates ehh ??.
anyway, if a conviction for assault is possible, i will be free to claim anything between fifteen thousand and twenty thousand pounds in a compo claim. apparently the officer dealing is going to send the "files" onto the cps for further guidance. does anyone know what this actually means as far as getting them to court means ?.
unfortunately for the two, my star witness and aid on the night is the mother and father of a pupil i was teaching at the time.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 01-10-07 20:08:38

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi

apparently the officer dealing is going to send the "files" onto the cps for further guidance. does anyone know what this actually means as far as getting them to court means ?.

Well, the CPS solicitor is the person who decides what the odds are of getting a conviction and then decides whether to take it further or drop it.

I think it boils down to value for money of a court case.
Trouble is for you to get compensation, you need a conviction; though if the CPs dropped it you would have the option of taking out a civil case, but I don't know what your chances would be of getting compensation from the toe rags.

#7 01-10-07 21:29:15

peckerup
Verified Member

thanks peg. i thought it may be just my luck. colin.

Board footer