You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 15-09-07 16:04:23

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Check Test September 27th

Not very far away and already I feel nervious about it.
I had some check test training this week with my trainer but he advised that I should get my own pupil, but I put on the letter returned that I would go role play. I'm in a muddle now on what to do, I have one pupil who could do it with a chance he may not.

Just like to know what others have done, I hear it's harder to get a better grade if one uses the SE to role play is that right do you think?

I'm considering to do PP but ready to change the lesson plan if he cocks up the T junction as we leave the test centre!

All the best
Si.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

15-09-07 16:04:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test September 27th

#2 15-09-07 18:05:40

FRANKS
Verified Member

I thought on a role play CT they gave you the topic a few day before hand. I might have got this wrong.

Why don't you phone your SE(ADI) and have a chat with him, say you'd like to bring your own pupil. They don't spit ypu out, they just bite. Only kidding, most SE(ADI)s are approachable and will help you if they can

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 16-09-07 13:07:51

spikeyperch

I hear it's harder to get a better grade if one uses the SE to role play is that right do you think?

Si.

Not quite sure it is any harder to get a better grade, if your instruction is up to standard and the pupil learns what has been set out at the start of the lesson, I can't see why you would get a lesser grade.

I would personally prefer to use one of my pupils, simply because the lesson then is more natural and will flow better, if you do a follow on lesson from the previous lesson, then you shouldn't have any problems.

One other point, if you are lesson planning in a systematic fashion, then using your own pupil is naturally better because:

Whatever problems arose in the last lesson become the basis of the next lesson, (Check test lesson).

ie: if you are doing a roundabout lesson and your pupil is hesitant, or not taking effective obs, or perhaps approaching to fast/slow. Then there is the lesson for your check test.

The pupil knows what they are going to be dealing with, its a lot easier to recap, and you should find the check test will flow quite nicely.

Maybe I have stated the obvious, if so I apologise, not trying to be a smart arse just trying to give you a little food for thought. SP

#4 16-09-07 13:24:11

Karenadi
Verified Member

Excellent advice above: why would anyone think you were being a 'smart arse'.  Surely this is all about learning: everyone has something to offer and everyone has something to learn.

Wisest are they that know they know nothing

#5 16-09-07 22:44:13

Doc
Verified Member
Website

Spot on with your advice SP, couldn't have put it better myself.

#6 27-09-07 10:17:46

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I had decided to take my own pupil, only to find he got the time wrong to meet up, so had to go role play in the end.
Thinking about it things happen so I guess to put down on form role play then turn up with pupil otherwise don't if he/she is unwell.

#7 29-09-07 17:03:37

Larry
Verified Member

So, how did it go???

#8 29-09-07 17:22:34

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Not the best but happy with a 4 all the same

#9 29-09-07 18:48:02

spikeyperch

Why aren't you happy you could have got an educational which means ok we passed you but hmmm maybe we were wrong. So be glad at least YOU are working to a standard not below standard.

#10 29-09-07 20:56:56

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I got an E last time and an E is below the standard required and  you have 6 months to get some extra training.

#11 29-09-07 21:14:34

spikeyperch

Well done sibeks because you have raised your game so nothing to be feeling sad about. Next time aim for a 6 you have it all to go for. SP

#12 30-09-07 21:20:07

Larry
Verified Member

Yeah well done Sibeks. You survived and got through it!

#13 30-09-07 22:05:59

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Larry
Should have 2 years of peace now before I get tested again.
Good luck if any of you have one coming up
Si

Board footer