You are not logged in.

#1 21-08-07 09:58:05

New Girl
Verified Member

Tax Buddies

Hi Everyone

Tax Buddies have been recommended to me and I thought I would see if anybody else had had any dealings with them?

They have quoted £185 + vat as apposed to 2 local accountants who have both quoted anywhere between £350-£400 + vat.  Seems too good to be true!  So thought I'd check if it was!

I dont mind paying a bit more for good/quality service, but thats such a big difference.

Any advice please?

21-08-07 09:58:05

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tax Buddies

#2 21-08-07 10:25:19

VandADI
Administrator

Yes, I've used them for the first time this financial year and they provided an efficient and reliable service. 

#3 23-08-07 11:33:50

New Girl
Verified Member

Thanks Vanda - I always think its best to go by recommendation.....much like our pupils do I guess!

#4 24-08-07 17:24:00

DaveB
Verified Member
Website

Hi New Girl,

I was going to use Tax Buddies a few years ago after my local accountants fees started to rise above £450. Then I found an online accountant that I think is brilliant. £165 total per year - everything done via email / post, she files my tax return electronically, and provides all year round backup to any questions I may have. Very quick and efficient service, which I think is excellent value for money.

If you are interested, pm me and I'll pass on her details.

Dave

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 31-08-07 22:29:27

Russ
Verified Member
Website

Tax buddies realy good.

now on 2nd yr with them. very quick efficient service, now offering online accounting so at yr end they take care of things you just provide receipts.

far far better than FBTC

russ

#6 20-09-07 19:23:11

eric d
Verified Member

Hiya

I used them last year and was pleased so using them again.

Eric   :afro:

#7 24-09-07 22:32:51

peckerup
Verified Member

the guy i use to do my books is new in self employment and he is good. whilst looking round for an accountant, i met the ones with the pin striped suits and the big offices but was not impressed. all i could see was, "who is paying for this" ?????.
the confirmation whilst signing up with him of, him being my "overall tax adviser" and representative gives me the confidence that should mistakes be made, i wont be the one who goes to jail.
i had a quote from a different accountant years ago and it was simply, "i will help you with tax avoidance however, diy and it could so easil;y lead to tax evasion"

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 25-09-07 22:44:31

howly
Verified Member
Website

i wont be the one who goes to jail

i thought it was your responsibility for the accuracy of your tax submission, the accountant prepares them but ultimately it is your head on the line if the tax inspector doesn't like what he sees.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 26-09-07 13:53:53

peckerup
Verified Member

i wont be the one who goes to jail

i thought it was your responsibility for the accuracy of your tax submission, the accountant prepares them but ultimately it is your head on the line if the tax inspector doesn't like what he sees.

apparently not howly. my guy will only submit information which is backed up by actual available receipts and factual information. if this is not the case when i submit info, he is soon on the phone.
my man volunteered himself as my overall tax representative and therefore, he tells me what to do and not the other way round as he is the proffessional with the certificates so, heres hoping he always gets it right.

colin.

Board footer