You are not logged in.

#1 18-09-07 11:29:23

Lucien

Hei Guys, Auto licence question

Well I'm learning alittle more about the whole thing and that theres 3 tests  smile I am unsure if I can do my tests in automatic car is it what I passed in. If not can I pass adi tests in a manual and it upgrade my driving licence or will I need to resit a L test. Many thanks

18-09-07 11:29:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hei Guys, Auto licence question

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-09-07 11:41:24

VandADI
Administrator

In order to take the part 2 test you must have a manual vehicle.
Check out DSA link, stating requirements of vehicle
http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/d … arttwo.htm
This will mean you will have to re-take your L test in a manual vehicle.

#3 18-09-07 12:05:31

VandADI
Administrator

Lucien, if you have only an auto licence, you will have to re-take L test.  This will also mean that you need to have held a full UK or European Union (EU/European Economic Area (EEA) unrestricted car driving licence for a total of at least four out of the past six years prior to entering the Register after qualifying.
Check out DSA website for the introduction to becoming a driving instructor.

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/d … ructor.htm

[

#4 18-09-07 12:08:56

Lucien

Thanks for the info. Will i need to take the theory test also. I sure I read that having auto licence-this time is counted for the four years,Am I wrong? Oh well I guess it gives me some time to get more experience and improve.

#5 18-09-07 12:12:47

VandADI
Administrator

No, not the theory test, just the practical test in a manual vehicle.
If you check out the link, you will find the exact requirements, and it quite clearly states UNRESTRICTED car driving licence, so your four years will start from passing manual.

#6 18-09-07 17:23:44

Luchell
Verified Member

Yes i saw this thread earlier but had no time to reply, Vanda is correct you will have to pass the L test in a manual and THEN drive for 4 years with that category on your licence. Sorry Lucien  neutral

#7 19-09-07 04:53:54

ExAdiNigel

Unless you are restricted to an auto because of a disability.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer