You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 04-09-07 23:17:31

dog
Verified Member

How much difference 5km/h makes

Think I may have posted this video a while ago but I have just found the extended version, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9VWF1DXQ8s

also have a look at this one, ignore the annoying watermark at the bottom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Mrv5WqVrI

If only our government made videos like this.

04-09-07 23:17:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How much difference 5km/h makes

#2 05-09-07 01:05:09

peckerup
Verified Member

i think our gov has thought about this one hence, the introduction of the hazard perception test. wink
there is a reason for everything. bear in mind the majority of crossroads training. why should we drop speed slightly even at thirty to go through a crossroads ?.
and people think that using a mobi phone or having window smashing music on in the car doesnt avert concentration !. i think the answer is plain to see. sadly, the vehicle user of today has at times, no anticipation of "what could happen". yes, speed is a factor in some cases however, a greater awareness of our current and prevailing surroundings is the key to avoiding possible collisions. remember, look and assess. it has worked for me for many years now. i will always remember a quote made to me years ago by my instructor and, he simply said, remember, "you can read a road like a book". what he meant was that the speed limits are there, the roadside signage is there and the road markings on the floor are there. understand them and the story unfolds as you drive wink

#3 05-09-07 12:59:16

dog
Verified Member

I've never actually been to a crossroads in my whole life, I don't think we even have any in this city...:?

#4 05-09-07 13:06:55

pegasus
Verified Member

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 05-09-07 14:26:47

kev elliott

I've never actually been to a crossroads in my whole life, I don't think we even have any in this city...:?

Dog PM me there are some on the test routes

#6 05-09-07 14:28:08

dog
Verified Member

Oops I meant level crossings, not crossroads.

I have been to plenty of crossroads, there is one near where I live (where Ham Drive meets Honicknowle Road if you know the area).

#7 05-09-07 16:27:36

kev elliott

Dog - ask your instructor to take you down to B&Q at Marsh Mills and then head towards MarshMills roundabout from B&Q there you will see an ungated level crossing.

#8 05-09-07 16:33:29

dog
Verified Member

You mean out of marsh mills business park on the road which goes past the test centre?

#9 05-09-07 19:03:49

kev elliott

No i mean here see attachment

#10 05-09-07 19:07:27

dog
Verified Member

Oh, I've never seen that. I'm still not even sure where it is.

Board footer