You are not logged in.

#1 01-09-07 15:10:34

giggles184
Verified Member

having a wobble

eeeee my diamond test is in 19 days... im not feeling great about it sad

My test is going to be starting in London Luton. so ive been going over there as much as possible jst for getting used to everything obviously still aware that it might not all be based there but theres alot more road situations there that ive not had alot of exposure to. I HATE IT! well i dont but im not good at all with it jst now. Ive got one road that runs straight through the city pretty well down to a fine art and i can do that quite confidently. Take me a different route tho and i get confused as theres alot of lane discipline and alot of thinking is required which with me wen im in full flapping mode is next to impossible or ill do something thinking its right then realise wen its FAR to late that im really wrong.
My instructor is now on holiday till the 11th of september and i thought right ill go over by myself today, it was a very bad idea i did silly things wrong ended up in a bus lane stuck then where id started to panic because of that i didnt give way where i should have and almost got squashed by a bus then i drove on the wrong side of the road cos i thought it was another bus lane *slaps head* now im even more apprehensive about spending time driving there over the next week as if that happens this time whats next  :?

ahhh i jst wish i had a bit more time to work on lane disciplines and things... now now i know if im going for an advanced test i should know it anyway yes i know the principle but for whatever reason when it comes to doing it panic sets in and i dont its wrong every time pretty much guaranteed.

now i feel like i just want it over i dont care and i hate that attitude but its not nice driving round somewhere u dont feel comfortable normally let alone for a test.

ADI part 1 - passed 1st attempt 11/5/09 97/63
ADI part 2 - passed 1st attempt 03/09/09 - 1 minor big_smile
ADI part 3........... start training 27/9/09 then we shall see!

01-09-07 15:10:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: having a wobble

#2 02-09-07 07:18:11

Gizmotime
Administrator

giggles, all your driving life your going to have to go to places your not familiar with, your really going to have to get your Observations up to scratch, have you or are you doing the D.B.M.S sequence?? this really helps as you have to scan everything.

Distance look as far as you can into the distance, work your way back to the bonnet looking for anything that might be a danger or potential danger, Mirror, look into your interior mirror to see if you have anything following you and what distance they are behind you.
Speed keep checking your speed make sure your keeping to the speed limit.

Have a look at paint on the road, road markings, lane markings,Hatch markings, etc etc.

Remember only you can get your observations up to scratch, most of all DON'T panic. Remember that even if you travel along the same road everyday, you will always come across something different your going to have to cope with it and deal with it.

Best of luck.

Giz.

#3 02-09-07 09:04:53

kev elliott

Have to agree with Giz there -  the soloution to panic is planning.

Another way of thinking about doors, Bonnet Mirrors Speed is to think of your sight as a fishing line throw it out as far as you can and then reel it back in scanning from side to side as you go till you get to the mirrors then as far back as you can see in the mirrors, check speed if required then out again. Keep your eyes moving, the more you move them the more detail you will build up of your surroundings. even if you approaching a hazard like a bus stop look at it , then look around , then recheck it.

To aid forward planning commentry drives are a god tool for this use the MSPLADA sequence as the basis. Try reading road signs and lines on the road as soon as you can see them and include these in your plans.

Hope this helps.

#4 02-09-07 10:13:51

Gizmotime
Administrator

Thanks Kev, fancy me forgetting to say Comentary driving :oops: well it was early when I posted big_smile

Giz

Board footer