You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 16-08-07 18:24:22

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Mechanical Training

I've got to get myself a Land Rover soon for the off road experiences and training stuff - and that means I REALLY need to learn how to repair them!

Does anyone have any suggestions for car maintenance courses for someone who has only the basic knowledge, but isn't completely dim? I'd like to get a qualification at the end (I collect pieces of paper like this), and most important, I need to be able to maintain my Landy and repair any of the off-road bumps. Learning about 4x4 systems could be useful too.

I know that "vehicle knowledge" is in the prescribed section of the proposed cpd - would a mechanical course qualify?

16-08-07 18:24:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Mechanical Training

#2 16-08-07 22:06:57

Madiggy
Verified Member

Without doubt if the course has an external examination accreditation you will be able to put it forward for CPD valuation when it eventually arrives.
In general courses that have examinations by recognised bodies eg C&G AEB BTEC etc will probably have automatic recognition.

However if you complete the course now it will not be CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT but history and only hold minimal or Nil value for CPD.

Iggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#3 17-08-07 07:03:21

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I know it wouldn't be any use right now iggy, I'm anticipating this as part of "the plan"!

Has anyone done a nightschool course in mechanics - if so what kind of qualifications were on offer?

#4 19-08-07 23:19:43

den676
Verified Member

I know Jaz (MsZetec2.0) recently did a basic course.

Don't know what it consisted of but PM her and see what she says.

Try ringing ya local further education college

Might only have apprentices courses but ya never know.

#5 20-08-07 08:01:07

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Ta guys, I'm off on another course this week for the 4x4 work, so I'm gonna ask the guy who does the training - if anyone knows how to look after a landy it'll be him!

#6 20-08-07 11:38:50

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

There's also the "Modern Bush Mechanic's solution":

1) Obtain new Landrover
(2) Remove old Landrover
(3) Insert new Landrover

Does that help?
smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Sorry.
I'm off to bed its been a long day...

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#7 20-08-07 13:32:18

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Reminds me of a joke an aussie told me - "if you want to get into the outback, there's 2 ways to get there, a Landy or a Toyota, one of them will get you back alive before falling to bits.", unfortunately with the stuff we do, the "reliable" one of the two is out of the question.

Board footer