You are not logged in.

#1 15-08-07 14:23:44

emma155

First test...

Had my first test today, was sooooo nervous, felt sick all morning, had a really bad lesson last night, could do any of the manouvres correctly! Pre test lesson was a bit rubbish, couldn't do PP or LR(good start  ) bay park was perfect(first time ever!!) Really hesitatant, was drivin along and for the first time since I changed instructor, I saw my old ADI(who thought I'd given up lessons, they both waved to each other  )

Got to test centre, was so nervous, waited and this nice man came along, started off well, got exactly the same corner for left reverse as I'd practiced half an hour before  He also got be to pull up before a car, and I thought great parellal park, failed already, then he goes just drve on when your ready, and I was thinking yes, got away with PP. Time went really quickly, and I was coming up to this roundabout and I could see it a gap, so changed down a gear to give me time, then the engine cut out  I thought I can't have stalled it, but no revs on counter , and a car behind started beeping  Then did emergancy stop, went well! Back to test centre, knew I had bay park left, and sort of think I messed it up, so moved forward and managed to get in to the bay. I knew I was in on my side but wasn't too sure about his side!! I knew hat I'd failed, and was sat there and had the long wait for him to tell me....

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so sure I'd failed, I asked him about the engine cutting out and he said it wasn't my fault and it wasn't a stall!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! All today I was certain that I was going to fail, I even looked how long the waiting list was for booking a new test last night!!! Really excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got 5 minors!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to anyone doing tests, it is so not as bad as you think it will be, just try and keep calm(very difficult!!) and forget any mistakes or bad lessons you've had, and just enjoy it, it goes so quickly, I can't stop smiling lol!!! So Pleased!!!

Sorry about the long post, just never expected to pass it 

Thank you for all the support and help from you lot, you have all been great!!

Emma   

Started learning to drive: December 2005
Theory Passed 1/2/2007 - 35/35 & 59/75
Practical: 15/08/2007 - 5 Minors

15-08-07 14:23:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First test...

#2 15-08-07 14:53:48

A*
Verified Member

Well done, congratulations big_smile

#3 15-08-07 14:54:32

AndyBerry

Congratulations Emma! A first time pass is an really great result!

You've just summed up exactly what we try and pass on to learners - if you make a mistake, forget about it and carry on! Great to see you thought about correcting the bay park when you realised it was going wrong, so many fail for just leaving it. After passing test, you would correct, so why not correct it on test??

Again, well done you! Go celebrate!

Andy

#4 15-08-07 14:59:34

emma155

Thanks smile I'm so happy lol, going out for a drive tomorrow, it feels weird how I could just get in my car and go anywhere I want now!! big_smile

#5 15-08-07 15:00:58

AndyBerry

Yeah, I remember the feeling when I first passed... Of all the places I could go, the only place I could think of was my nan's big_smile

Went there, then picked a mate up and we went to the pub (yes, I only had non-alcoholic beverages!!)

Andy

#6 15-08-07 16:06:39

emma155

I haven't got a clue where I'm going to go lol, I'm not going too far, I'm scared of getting lost lol big_smile

#7 15-08-07 16:22:15

pj
Verified Member

Congratulations Emma, well done big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 15-08-07 16:48:41

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

Very Well Done!!!  big_smile
Hope u enjoy many years of happy & safe driving!

#9 15-08-07 19:08:33

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

......Congratulations Emma........

WELL DONE

EM XX

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

#10 15-08-07 21:06:31

starlight_

Well Done Emma smile

I blinking passed, at last!! smile 19/03/08 - OMG I've been driving a year! Sold Betty & haven't stopped sobbing since....

#11 16-08-07 09:11:20

emma155

Thanks everyone!!  smile

#12 18-08-07 21:40:30

lainey

Many congratulations.  Enjoy your driving.

Took unsuccessful test in 1990 (have now had provisional licence for 17 years!!!) and then gave up but recently decided to try again as am much older and wiser (or should be).
Passed on 12th March 2007 - only 2 minors!!!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 19-08-07 16:48:00

emma155

Many congratulations.  Enjoy your driving.

Thank you smile

#14 29-08-07 13:52:32

Cat8t3
Verified Member

Congratualtions Emma, Very well done.

I remember when i passed my Test. i drove around for ages, then my Boyfriend (now Husband) said you can put the radio on you know. I was like wow, i can cant I. Simple things Eh  lol

1st Check Test 15/09/2010 - Grade 4
2nd Check Test 09/01/2013 - Grade 4

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#15 30-08-07 20:40:26

emma155

Congratualtions Emma, Very well done.

I remember when i passed my Test. i drove around for ages, then my Boyfriend (now Husband) said you can put the radio on you know. I was like wow, i can cant I. Simple things Eh  lol

Thanks Cat! smile I think it's so much better driving with a bit of music on!! smile

Emma

#16 05-09-07 22:58:17

learnerdriver

Aww well done. I've been reading all your old posts about your EX Adi: horrid man.

What a wicked achievement for you to pass: two fingers up to him eh. Enjoy your driving xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url

Board footer