You are not logged in.

#1 13-08-07 15:56:49

New Girl
Verified Member

Do I need to include my dividends in my tax return?

I have shares with Cable & Wireless.  I think I remember the lady from my local Tax office saying I dont need to include the dividends from them on my return, but I want to be sure.  Does anybody know?

13-08-07 15:56:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Do I need to include my dividends in my tax return?

#2 13-08-07 20:46:56

Rockin
Verified Member

I would have thought you would, however your accountant should advise you.

Rockin

#3 13-08-07 21:13:53

mick
Verified Member

Unfortunately yes you do as they are classed as income.

Make sure you keep all the tax vouchers that come with the dividends as they are proof that tax has been paid.

Can't remember where it goes on form but there is a bit where I think it asks for gross divi and then amount or tax paid.

Mick

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 13-08-07 21:14:09

Target
Verified Member
Website

I believe you do, but never done a self assessment.

This is going on the fact that if I win on the premium bonds I show this also. Divi sound the same.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

Board footer