You are not logged in.

#1 09-02-06 08:05:46

Badger

Role Play Check Test - preliminary checks

I was just thinking this morning in the shower about asking a role playing DE for his licence when he is playing the part of a fleet driver.

The people I am contracted to say that I am not to conduct assessment if the licence is unseen because their insurance will be void

So if the DE has left his licence behind or doesnt have the counterpart I would be inclined to refuse to take part in the test.

The other point is that I always do fleet training in the clients transport.

Any views

Badger

09-02-06 08:05:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Role Play Check Test - preliminary checks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-02-06 08:13:29

DAVE-ADI

In the proposed new Code of Conduct for ADIs, it states -

The instructor should check a client's entitlement to drive the vehicle and his or her ability to read a number plate at the statutory distance on the first lesson.

That must apply to everyone who get's in the car.

#3 09-02-06 09:31:30

TDC
Verified Member

so if they dont have licence to hand, then theyd have to give you a 6 cos youve missed nothing

Im so good its unbelievable

#4 09-02-06 09:41:32

Badger

Interesting thought TDC !

But if they didnt I would then take out my Booking Schedule and ask him to make another booking for me with another SEADI and suggest that he remind them to bring all documentation  big_smile

Badger

#5 09-02-06 12:01:47

DAVE-ADI

I wonder how many ADIs would be brave enough to try that on their next checktest?

I would.

#6 09-02-06 12:23:01

VandADI
Administrator

I would have thought that the DE would state at the beginning that his/her eyesight and licence had been checked before commencement of roleplay.

#7 09-02-06 13:14:29

Silvercar
Verified Member

I would think the SE in his best "ham acting" would mime the act of handing over the license. To which you would best reply "thankyou that all seems in order and what a fetching photo if you don't mind me saying".
It's roleplay. wink

#8 10-02-06 08:07:55

TDC
Verified Member

yes its roleplay, but its also our car and if the rules are there then they need to be met properly before we can start the roleplay. They make the rules, we are supposed to follow them, they cant really expect us not to follow them only when it suits them (dsa)

#9 10-02-06 16:30:41

Nimrod

Nobody but NOBODY drives my car without me first checking their entitlement to drive and their eyesight. That includes Examiners. Not doing so might invalidate my insurance.

Nim

#10 11-02-06 12:42:24

Badger

Silver car said ""I would think the SE in his best "ham acting" would mime the act of handing over the license""

Hi Silver,

I wouldnt accept that any more than I would accept "Assume that documentation has been checked"

If he couldnt produce both parts of his licence or some other valid form of licence then its no driving for him in my car as Nim has said.

I would then offer him the alternative of a brief presentation and  a demonstration drive with commentary.

If he wouldnt accept that then its "Bye bye Off you go and explain yourself to your bosses"

I dont give a monkeys.  I dont hold the DSA in awe now and never have done and I dont accept double standards.

Badger

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 16-02-06 17:18:10

Silvercar
Verified Member

Silver car said ""I would think the SE in his best "ham acting" would mime the act of handing over the license""

Hi Silver,

I wouldnt accept that any more than I would accept "Assume that documentation has been checked"

If he couldnt produce both parts of his licence or some other valid form of licence then its no driving for him in my car as Nim has said.

I would then offer him the alternative of a brief presentation and  a demonstration drive with commentary.

If he wouldnt accept that then its "Bye bye Off you go and explain yourself to your bosses"

I dont give a monkeys.  I dont hold the DSA in awe now and never have done and I dont accept double standards.

Badger

He's a *@#king S.E what next PDI's checking the S.E's licence before part 3.
I don't hold the DSA In awe either however it would be you who choose the "ROLE PLAY" check test he's playing the role of a pupil. He is covered by the DSA to drive your car in the same way he is on a Part 3. His Personal license details are private and confidential. Simulated pupil = Simulated license = Role Play check test.

#12 16-02-06 18:11:48

Badger

""..............be you who choose the "ROLE PLAY" check test...........""

Not if the DSA has its way.  I would never choose that option anyway.

""Simulated pupil = Simulated license = Role Play check test""

You've missed the point.

Its nothing to do with simulated pupils but everything to do with who drives my car and the insurance thereof

""He is covered by the DSA to drive your car in the same way he is on a Part 3.""

Can you verify that?   I dont think he is.

Badger

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 16-02-06 18:22:39

Silvercar
Verified Member

I was just thinking this morning in the shower about asking a role playing DE for his licence when he is playing the part of a fleet driver.

Well I would never encourage role play check testing i.e Part 3 retake " arhem cough new name" either. wink
But come on Badger role play is just that "role play" you have agreed to the S.E driving your car by request as a role play check test is by request. If it becomes compulsory the DSA will be the ones making sure we are covered for the S.E to drive not the other way round.

#14 16-02-06 18:27:40

DAVE-ADI

He is covered by the DSA to drive your car in the same way he is on a Part 3.

He might be covered for personal injury by DSA insurance, but your car isn't.

#15 16-02-06 18:43:57

Badger

This may be something you dont know Silvercar but an ADI who is on the fleet register can be told by the SEADI that he will be doing a role play check test and there is no option.

That was the basis of my post, as you have quoted.

I ask to see the licences of all qualified drivers who are driving their own/company  cars because the insurance of the company I am contracted to for fleet training will not cover me if the box is not ticked.

EOS

Badger

#16 16-02-06 21:43:30

TDC
Verified Member

and its worth it just to annoy the ignorant swines  anyway ;-)

#17 16-02-06 21:47:07

Silvercar
Verified Member

This may be something you dont know Silvercar but an ADI who is on the fleet register can be told by the SEADI that he will be doing a role play check test and there is no option.

That was the basis of my post, as you have quoted.

I ask to see the licences of all qualified drivers who are driving their own/company  cars because the insurance of the company I am contracted to for fleet training will not cover me if the box is not ticked.

EOS

Badger

Ahhhh ok egg on my chin I don't do Fleet, in that case go for it Badger. Do you really suppose the S.E would show his license or was that a flying pig that I just seen. wink smile

#18 13-08-07 12:15:50

Hale
Verified Member
Website

''Silver car said "I would think the SE in his best "ham acting" would mime the act of handing over the license''

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink lol big_smile :afro:

that comment has MADE MY DAY big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

Board footer