You are not logged in.

#1 09-08-07 15:49:28

maders
Verified Member
Website

which company do i go with after i have completed my 40hrs

hey all,

i have just past big_smile my part 2 test on Friday with only 4 minor, woohoo. i have booked in to do my 40 hrs in sept. i should be ready to start on my  pdi.gif at the beginning of Oct. i have been looking around the driving schools to see you has the best offers for someone who is only training. please can anyone give me help and advice of which driving schools are the best and how i need to go about getting sorted so that i can start teaching and getting my experience.

many thanks

'be driven to success'

09-08-07 15:49:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: which company do i go with after i have completed my 40hrs

#2 09-08-07 18:00:48

Dimmy

Full or part time?

Most in your area will only entertain full time, although BSM will be happy with Part time.  They have about 4 branches close to you.

Plenty of medium sized schools that take on PDI's in East London. My own is looking for  a couple of instructors at the moment, we dont have any trainees at all at the moment so have openings for both ADI or PDI, although the pupil base is around my area more than on your doorstep.

Others that are closer to you would include Buddies, Bradleys and perhaps Kims, although I know nothing about those companies themselves other than they do take on PDI's.

#3 09-08-07 18:58:38

maders
Verified Member
Website

thank kevin, what i would like to know if they help you with getting a car, insurance and how to run the business side of things. but i guess i have to ring them,

btw have you heard of safeway? they are  company that i have contacted and they off deals

'be driven to success'

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 09-08-07 19:03:46

Luchell
Verified Member

CONGRATULATIONS on part two Maders  smile smile

#5 09-08-07 19:05:29

maders
Verified Member
Website

thank you, i thought i failed it, but i was doubting myself. it was a real confindence boast!
just looking forward to my 40 hrs and getting in the car and teaching

'be driven to success'

#6 09-08-07 20:06:55

Dimmy

Are you planning on giving up your job and Instructing full time from the start? Or are you wanting to continue working and instructing part time?

Most full time franchise deals include the car, insurance, pupils, company stationary etc. But exclude fuel, personal stationary etc.

If you intend to go part time, the popular route locally to you seems to be BSM, whose part time deal includes the car etc, but you only receive a fixed amount per lesson. I beleive its in the region of £6 - £6.50 per hour.

I also believe that no matter how many hours you may agree to work for them they will almost certainly try to pressurise you into doing more hours.

Whichever route you choose, part time or full time, remember you need your OWN time to continue your training and studying, as well as rest days to unwind.

As before, I'll be happy to continue private sessions with you whenever I have free diary time, although that's becoming very limited.
I'm also happy for you to sit in on my own lessons, subject to my pupils permission.

#7 10-08-07 09:11:35

maders
Verified Member
Website

well im planning to do both, i need to keep my job for the moment, due to financial restrictions, its good that i work shifts so i get day off during the week. i dont really want to go with bsm because they are so expensive, just for the car, and what if they dont give me clients and expect me to pay the francise. im giong to see if a local driving school can help, im going to email buddies and see if they can help.
thanks kevin, i will probably need some help in the future, and sitting in on your lessons would be a great help, i will be in touch.

'be driven to success'

#8 06-01-08 17:49:39

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

Did you decide on a school?

I've only just read this, but Buddies have a better reputation than Kims, and Kimon who owns it is a fair guy.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#9 06-01-08 20:28:39

Luchell
Verified Member

Yes i think you will find Maders went with Bsm. Could be wrong but i am sure i read it several times somewhere  smile

Board footer