You are not logged in.

#1 28-02-04 23:43:19

jonks

In car video systems

Some of our members are considering investing in the In car video system for recording driving lessons.

Those of you who have used it or know anything about it, please tell us... Worth the investment or not?

28-02-04 23:43:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: In car video systems

#2 29-02-04 13:08:50

Liesa

Thanks for putting this one up. I don't actually know of anyone who uses the system at present. The only person who has given me any feedback, is one of my pupils. I took her on from another instructor who used it, she said it made her feel a little nervous at first but soon got used to it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 09-03-04 09:10:31

rachdrive
Website

Hi,

I did some training with the guy from the advert for video drive(msa mag).
It did help as i took the tape home and analysed what i had done and said, but i don't think it would quite as helpful for learners until they are doing mock tests.
As for the price, i think it is a tad expensive but am sure the costs will come down as it does with all other electrical goods at some stage!!

Great for ADI trainers though!!!

Rach 8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#4 09-03-04 21:06:57

Liesa

Hi Rach

Thanks for the feedback.

Like everything else I ever buy, the price will no doubt go down as soon as I've purchased a system! sad

So to everyone who'd like to buy this system, but can't afford it just yet, I'll let you know when I've bought it, so that way you'll be able to pick it up a lot cheaper than me!  lol

#5 09-03-04 22:27:26

muffin

Liesa
See post on video tapes for more info
Jeff

#6 14-03-04 21:49:39

Ann Gregory

I have had this system for some time now and find it gets used less and less as time goes on.  You have the occasional student who will want the lesson videod every week but most stop after just a few.  I don't think I wil go to the expense of replacing it if it goes wrong

#7 15-03-04 08:30:28

Liesa

Thanks Ann

Welcome aboard.

I need oppinions from everyone both positive and negative.

Is there anyone else who thinks the system is a waste of time?

Is there anyone else who wouldn't go back to teaching without it?

#8 19-03-04 14:24:57

rusty
Verified Member
Website

Find it very useful if I use it selectively. I review my own performance on the tape and occasionally find that I have been judgmental where i should have not been. Taking this analysis into account I hope that I am striving to improve my own skills thus enhancing the tuition i give.
Would have thought that it would be useful for review for anyone practising for part 3.
Just changed the camera pos from screen to behind me monitoring the driver/cabin - excellent for review of obs/mirror use/steering/gearchange.

#9 19-03-04 15:45:13

Liesa

Rusty

So from what you say you've found it a great help, in improving your own teaching.

Does anyone use it as a brief for the next lesson? e.g if you intend to do a manouver, let the pupil look over a tape, in between lessons, to give them a better idea of whats comming up.

#10 19-03-04 19:46:13

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

I have been thinking of buying one.
Before i do I'm going to call upon an instructor near me who said he would let me try it out.

The only thing I'm not to sure about is when one may get a call saying its your fault ***** hasn't passed there test because you wasn't word perfect on the tape.
I doubt it would happen but you never know, Also would it be ok for pupils to sell them on for training others ?

This comes to mind because my trainer walnut let me record the lessons.

Board footer