You are not logged in.

#1 03-02-05 15:20:13

luchell

hi everyone im a newbie!

hi all, ive just found this forum today and it seems great. ive been a nurse four years and my back got very bad the end of last year. ive decided to follow a dream i had when i was 17, i passed my l test and knew id love to teach people to drive. i taught a few  friends bits and bobs of driving. i now realise how much more there is too it. i became a trainee adi with bsm in november and love it so much. i love to read the reference books for hours, the more i can learn the better. i hope to find some good hints and tips here as i go along. so a big hello to everyone. love hayley

03-02-05 15:20:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: hi everyone im a newbie!

#2 03-02-05 18:15:08

VandADI
Administrator

Hi hayley,
A very warm welcome to the forum and to the driver training industry  big_smile
I am sure you will find this site a great source of information and wish you every success in your training and hope that you pass all parts with relative ease.
Regards
VandADI

#3 03-02-05 19:57:19

BIG G
Website

HELLOOO NURSE :!:  :!: 
Welcome to the forum and goodluck :!:

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups

#4 03-02-05 21:21:15

jonks

Welcome to the site  luchell  big_smile

#5 04-02-05 15:27:34

iXi_RiCh

Hey luchell welcome to the forums  big_smile

#6 04-02-05 20:57:11

Anonymous

Hi Luchell and welcome.  Give me a wave if you see me around Salisbury.  Blue Corsa with Wessex One-to-One on the roof.

Wessex.

#7 05-02-05 00:54:16

luchell

i will do. i keep thinking that ill work for bsm part time but i dont wish to go full time because of the franchise fee being a tad high, whats your opinion on running your own school, or working for one with a franchise fee thats not quite as high? i cant help but think towards the future as its something ive wanted to do for 8 yrs now. its a dream coming true for me.if you see a blue n reg 106 waving at you that would be me

#8 05-02-05 13:25:42

Anonymous

Hi Luchell, I trained with BSM, started with CIA then decided to go on my own after disappointing and uncaring attitude from them.  sad   BSM could only offer me the Army contract after I qualified.  My diary was run down as I approached my Part 3.  Back in '02 there were a lot of trainees in Bournemouth so they had to make room I suppose......

I have built up a nice referral network and the work is steady.  It takes about 3 years to be able to rely on referrals.  Train with BSM.  Of all the training outfits out there I would consider them as one of the best.  The help I got for Part 2 was second to none and there was always the use of a spare vehicle to practice in.  They used a buddy system where you were paired up with another trainer of your standard.  Mine kept on cancelling our meetings at short notice.  Not sure if it is still the same.

Once qualified you can either stay with BSM, pricey, join AA, pricey, enquire with the local schools if they are willing to take on another instructor or if you are only going to be at it part time initially then advertise locally and build up your diary over a period of time.

Where you work should be a great place to attract new business.  smile

Wessex.

Board footer