You are not logged in.

#1 25-07-07 19:53:10

charlie chan
Verified Member

part 3 training and going pink

hi everyone ,i have just passed my part 2  test at the first attempt (only just though ,6 minors).a big thankyou to everyone  for all their help so far with my posts/threads......about to start my part 3 training next week .this involves 6 full days
at my training college(classroom and car training).more training  days later.
     I assume this will be 40 hours training towards the pink licence.DO  you have to go through an adi school  and work for them to work on a pink? ...from previous threads  it seems like alot of people do go through this route to pass part 3. You cant have your car  fitted with dual controls and go alone!!!!  ????
     I  currently work  12 hours shifts (days and nights ) which gives me days off. i am hoping to teach (once passed) on these days off with a view to going full time.i  have a good but oldish car( will need to change).  Is it fair TO SAY THAT i would have to give up my full time job to be able to work/gain experience    on a pink.  .....or not....

25-07-07 19:53:10

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: part 3 training and going pink

#2 25-07-07 20:20:44

hector
Verified Member
Website

hi Charlie
Youll probably get loads of differing opions on here regarding the pink licence.

Suffice to say it does not improve your chances of passing part 3, and may well have the opposite effect.

It is nearly always a subsitute for poor quality training, alot would disagree, but in fact probably taught themselves to instruct on a pink and thats why it helped.

The pink licence is massively abused by trainees and training companies and the sooner its phased out the better. The sooner people get proper training rather than teach yourself after paying out large sums of money the better!

Id always think - would i be happy if a trainee who may well have had less than 20 hrs experience intensively take out my daugther on a driving lesson and i would be thinking no!

Just my opinion on trainee licences. if you go down that route -think to yourself would i pass a part 3 BEFORE going on a trainee licence, if the answer is no is the client getting value for their money?

Good luck anyway hope your training goes well, if you do go down the trainee route dont get into bad habits and make sure you see a suitable instructor on a training session to see how a real lesson should be conducted, and dont just go your own way.

The 40 supposed hrs before going on a trainee is widely abused to benefit the training company by the way.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 25-07-07 22:34:37

L33d5.dr
Verified Member

I passed after being on a pink licence and I doubt I would have passed without it.Doing role play with your trainer is ok for learning the basics but in my opinion is nothing like what happens with real pupils and having the pink licence gave me the experience and confidence to be able to deal with any tricks the examiner was going to do on part 3.The training I got doing my 40 hours was excellent,but I know other instructors that have had really poor training so finding the right one to go with is really important.We have to be on a register to give driving tuition but there is no control on the companys that advertise to train driving instructors.Ask on this site or instructors in your area for recomendations,it could make the difference between passing and failing.As far as I know you do have to be with a school to go on a pink licence.You have to be sponsored by an adi I think but I'm sure someone will post giving you the correct info.It's a love it or hate it subject going on a pink but good luck which ever way you choose.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 25-07-07 23:31:24

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Personally i am against the "pink" set up and did not follow this route, BUT, I am also aware that it WILL help some people towards the goal of full ADI.
I passed my part 3 in May 07 and now have 6 pupils on a partime basis(weekends), I am now glad i did not go down the "pink" route, this is mainly due to the fact that i have already slipped into "bad habit syndrome".

last week I was training out the Rev park lesson plan, I started with the brief, but felt the pupil wasn't interested in it, so just went straight into the exercise, we then followed up our 2 hour lesson with left rev, and this time i didn't even bother with a FULL brief, I just told "her" stop prior to the junction, pass by it and look to see if its safe to continue, blah blah blah, 5 mins later I was instructing her as we went through the LP.
The pupil in question managed both lesson plans more than adequately and realy enjoyed both of them, BUT........ I know none of the 2 briefs I gave would have got me through a part 3 PST.

SO!!!!!
be aware, if you go down the Pink route, TRY to teach each lesson as a pST, its hard to do, but will go well towards helping anyone pass part 3(if done correctly)

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#5 26-07-07 10:19:45

Macavity
Verified Member

There will always be a difference of opinion as to whether the Pink Ticket route is of value and I agree that it is certainly a route that is open to abuse by both trainees and training companies alike.

How well it actually goes however, does depend entirely on the individual, their experience and background, aptitude, the quality of training that they received and also their motivation for doing it.

I can only speak from personal experience. I have just passed my part 3 after 4 1/2 months on a pink ticket and I found the experience invaluable. My classroom and in car training had gone well though and there was plenty of advice and support available from my area office and other franchised ADi's if I needed it. I had also been involved in training and presentations in previous jobs and am currently involved in sports coaching for teenagers so perhaps I was not a typical case. I have also got teenage kids which is surprigingly helpful!

There is no doubt that it it not a route to printing your own money and for some learners, having a trainee instructor is not beneficial. Don't write it off though, for some people it can work and I had a good pass rate and many satisfied customers of all ages who recommnded me.

#6 26-07-07 21:10:12

charlie chan
Verified Member

thanks for all the replies so far...some serious thinking needed to make the right option for yours truly.....ps any advice /tips for getting through and passing part 3 will be greatly appreciated....cheers ..charles.

Board footer