You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#151 04-07-07 09:07:45

ams
Verified Member

Re: The Instructor College (nationwide)

i have to book a test in the afternoon, because they will not come in early let me have the car the nite before, what did i really pay that £3k for???

Maders, appreciate you feel agreived and I cant really comment on wether you have grounds or not for complaint but can assure you that having trained with TIC myself, I felt that the training I received was worth every penny and prepared me entirley for the test and the teaching beyond - passed all three tests 1st time with no additional training. If you wish to complain ask to speak to the Area Training Officer.

As for the 3K you have payed them - I suggest you re-read the contract you signed. It clearly outlines what you are entitled to. You will notice that it doesn't even mention the loan of any company vehicles - this is done as an additional add-on to what you have paid for. If you re-read Module 4 you will see that the terms of use in borrowing a company car are clearly set out.

Qualified Oct 2001 - 1st Attempt 5/4.
Cardington Grade A.
Institute of Advanced Motorists.
NVQ A1 Assessors Award.
ORDIT registered parts 1, 2 & 3.
Grade 6 - April 07

04-07-07 09:07:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#152 04-07-07 10:16:06

maders
Verified Member
Website

oh, well i think they should say that then you go to the intial meeting, mi sure she said that there is a car to be used. my main gripe is that they dont appriciate that some of us have full time jobs to carry on with. i work 12 shifts and i have been trying my hardest to fit the college in when they say i should be trying to so the session, but it seems like they are talking down to me im im back at !!!!!!!! school. maybe its just the college im at or im taking them the wrong way. my point is about that car, what if the car was in the garage for my test day!

congrats for passing everything 1st time, i have not been so lucky. but i will pass sooner rather than later!

'be driven to success'

#153 04-07-07 10:30:06

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

From what I can remember from my contract it said f all except NO REFUNDS lol.

TIC training is ok-except a lot of it is classroom based and just goes over the same ground time and time again.

Training could be a little more in car and a little less ambiguous when trying to find answers.

They did promise me i could have a car WHENEVER I WANTED. I had the use of it twice and the last one I had to rent a car for the week to use and get used to it.

They state to have to wait three weeks between part 2 sessions-so thats nearly 4 months.

I have no misgivings for tic-but they could change a few things.

I had to go straight from work one day and was tired and they did patronise me saying you should take the day off-it was hard enough fitting in the time anyway. That was very patronising.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#154 04-07-07 11:52:39

maders
Verified Member
Website

so im not the only one who thinks that somethings should change. they advertise that you can train while your still working! ummm, if you have a 9-5 job and your job is not important maybe! but not all people do. they need to be more considerate to that fact that i need to work to pay for the course and the tests, if i dont work i cant afford to pay them. i will be sending them a letter explaining a few things that i have found out and some flaws in there system. i know that most of the work you have to do is on your own and that i wanted to do this in the 1st place. but i dont think they are very supportive, and you are right the do patronise people. i have never been a victim of this myself but when i have had a co-driver they have said things that i dont think are appriate.

they seem to be a good college and the training started off brilliant. well the classroom work did, but as you get in the car it goes all messy. i have found a guy from here, who i have learnt more from in the few hours that i have spent with him. driving around

'be driven to success'

#155 06-07-07 21:31:25

Dimmy

Those that have been with the forum for some time will know I was posting a regular "blog" update on my training from start to finish. I 1st posted of my hopes and aspirations before actually starting training with TIC, and it progressed through at every stage of my training up until my posts were removed by the forums' powers that be when I left the forum.

I promised all the way back then that I would give a final account of my thoughts, wether they be good or bad, regarding  TIC.  So here it is.

Part1. Learnt more from L test cd's and the official question bank printed by DSA then I did from TIC.  Final assesment of TIC part 1 training. Adequate but wholly unecassary.
I passed part 1  1st time 99% and 61/75. I sincerely beleive TIC was of little benifit to me for this part.

Part 2. Had 3 of the 4 part 2 sessions before passing part 2 test. Those sessions only hilighted 1 fault of tyres and tarmac, 1 of hesitancy (I still will argue caution was better option at the time) and 1 fault of stopping on a ped crossing. (my space was taken by a numpty who pulled over into the space beyond).
I passed part 2  1st time with 3 DF's. I sincerely believe  TIC was of no benifit to me for this part other than the supply of their car for test As i didnt have any vehicle at the time. That said, I do believe the 2:1 training had it's benifits for intro into core comps on fellow trainees. none of whom I shared the car with again.

Part 3. Had all the 40 hrs, and 20 hrs required for pink license. Also had a number of additional training sessions over and above the normal additional 5 hours as required between part 3 tests. I failed twice 2:4 and 3:4. Throughout the additional training I made it clear that I was weak on role play, both in training and in test conditions. I especially was poor for phase 1 type scenarios. I made it perfectly clear that I needed INSTRUCTOR training. I wanted demonstrations of how the trainers dealt with the pupils but i never had 1 single demonstration. (Unless you can call a cockpit drill and controls demonstration  a full INSTRUCTOR demonstration. That was not for my benifit but for another PDI who could hardly speak English let alone teach).

I gave up trying to LEARN from the trainers and chose to have a couple of sessions with Blaine Walsh and then use the sessions I had with TIC leading upto my final attempt at part 3 pyrely as guineapig practice so I could prefect and put into practice the ideas that I took from Blaine.
The TIC trainer was under fullcontrol for my phase 1 session and that gave me a bit of a boost. I no longer felt I was trying to teach someone that knew so much more than I did. It had finally dawned on me that although the trainers may have passed the ADI tests and were at the time undergoing ORDIT testing, they couldnt for the life of themselves actually teach me what was actually required to pass the part 3 test. That knowledge, and the confidence of me KNOWING what was required to pass the test helped me to face the final attempt at part 3 with a degree of understanding  if not confidence.

I finally passed part 3 gaining "good" 5's, narrowly missing out on that elusive double 6.
I am able to say, in all honesty that TIC helped me score 2:4. None of their training sessions had any effective remedial action for my faults.
I managed a 3:4 narrowly missing a 4:5 from a bit of self flagellation.

My final pass is wholly down to just 2 sessions with blaine Walsh and the support of Hayley, and my pupils while on a pink badge. Blaines understanding of what the part 3 test is about and what the majority of SE's are looking for and how they mark, and his easy going manner and willingness to simply talk and listen and guide, as well as practical training that included proper remedial action for my benifit. I have always had a good understanding and knowledge of driving and driving ability, that was never an issue.  What blaine gave me was the ability to effectively "teach" an examiner. So well that he nearly got rewarded with 6's. I owe it all to Blaine Walsh. And owe NOTHING except £3095 to TIC.

They get the money, but none of the credit. Oh,  and none of the recommendations from me.

My advice to anyone considering training with TIC?
Speak to me 1st and I'll pass Blaines contact details onto you.  You'll spend half the money and half the time and pass twice as quick with twice the knowledge and ability.

Sorry TIC, I feel you let me down, you let yourselves down and you are damaging this industry almost to the point of destruction.

#156 16-07-07 11:05:00

Target
Verified Member
Website

I'm sure thats how it will work. TIC call Dimmy and dimmy confirms pass. TIC write pass in stats, and where necessary they take the ones leaving out of the figures also.

I never realised your posts had been removed. Shows you what we get told.

Its a shame, because I always felt you were trying to keep opened minded about the training there, but your comments remind me of my experience and alot of other instructors experiences.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#157 16-07-07 22:01:04

sw
Verified Member

Do you have to inform TIC that you passed? I didn't bother they never rung me to ask and I never rung them. Didn't want it going on their pass rate. Wouldn't have got anything from them for passing not even my green badge paid for like some people. I think they used to run a business course for passing, sure I didn't miss much.

#158 16-07-07 22:54:33

Dimmy

My contract with tic was for £3095, with £414 rebate when I qualified.
Hence the need for me to inform them of the pass, I want that £414 back.

#159 17-07-07 23:11:55

Moodyblue
Verified Member

They are a complete con to be honest.
The training is second rate, the promise of a full/part time job never materialised infact, i had to do the whole thing myself.
These guys are flooding the market with instructors (the ones that find a school to help them pass part 3) and i wish that someone out there would have the power to shut them down.
I took my training in the Sidcup branch and although one or two of the instructors seemed to know what they were doing, all i was left with after the 40 hour training con was a confused mind.
I was in no fit state to go out and teach anyone properly to be honest but luckilly i found a school who gave me some extra training that really gave me the direction i needed to pass part 3.
It's outrageous that these guys charge over £3000 to the unsuspecting customer with little more than empty promises and dare i say it, outright lies on the earning potential.

#160 22-07-07 18:26:21

maders
Verified Member
Website

so what can we do about this? its not fare they seem to take the money and give you nothing! well something, ***** training! i have already failed a part 2 test and they didnt seem bothered, oh extra training we can fit you in a 4 weeks! not good! do you know who is the government body we can talk to and see where we stand?

'be driven to success'

#161 17-08-07 16:18:23

VandADI
Administrator

Please be responsible about what you post. If you had a bad experience then by all means tell us what happened, but do so responsibly. This section is not about defaming any company and besides this section already has a TIC thread running.  Any more deflamatory comments will be removed.

#162 03-09-07 15:42:18

Karl
Verified Member

I went with the TIC Passed everything first time, Always had a lesson booked when I wanted one, Had use of their cars for the tests.  Training was fun and informative got £400 pound back once I qualified.  Surly there must be others like me lol

Part 1- 93% and 67
Part 2- 2 Minors
Part 3- Passed 20th Dec 4/5 2006

#163 03-09-07 16:22:33

Luchell
Verified Member

I am sure there are Karl, it's like anything though i suppose. We hear about the bad times far more than the good  smile Thanks for your feedback.

#164 07-09-07 21:02:39

Target
Verified Member
Website

Guys.............Just remember TIC and any other training college are in the business of teaching people to become instructors, they are not connected with Driver Training and therefore are not in a position to know whats needed or whats not.

Reading between the lines your find that most instructors could do with a little more work, those who dont, then you need to read between the lines a little more to find that answer. Theres usually some hidden agenda, or little detail missing. Heard it all before.

So if 2million tests are scheduled with a pass rate of below 50%, we can half that number already.

Theres approximately 44,000 registered Adi's some 27,000 registered Pdi's Im lead to beleive. The register is increasing and has been steadily for year on year by around 10% over both groups.

Even if you took the 44,000 Adi's thats only 22 pupils each. Yes some are part-time etc etc, some are fleet some are this and that.

The point is........Dont beleive the hype. Your get told what you want to here. Sure I fell for the 1.5 million tests once, its easily  done. You assume that 2 million is pupils, whereas its less because there will be alot of retakers. I'm picking up some pupils recently that have taken 4/5/6 tests. It happens!.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#165 09-09-07 11:45:42

maders
Verified Member
Website

i know what you mean, i have been thinking about the whole thing, TIC gives you this big hipe that you will be able to earn £40k a year and be your own boss, what they dont tell you that after the £3k you pay, you will also need to pay for the test and then have deposit for the car, i think that all together i have spend another £600 and i dont even have a car yet!

Im about to do my 40hrs, so i will let you know if i think im ready to hit the road to not!!!

'be driven to success'

#166 13-01-08 21:00:37

trebor

hi guys, i'm new to this forum.

read some reviews about TIC. bit worried about what i have read. too late now anyway, have to go through with it as i have already paid my cash. 

can anybody tell me, training for part 2, do we get to use their cars or do i have to use my own? if we use their cars to we have to pay them extra or is that in the price i've already paid?  smile

#167 13-01-08 21:45:26

Dimmy

The price you have paid covers all the training, including use of their car.
Your part 2 and 3 training will be 2 trainees to 1 trainer. You will spend about a 3rd of your training time in a local Tesco, Asda or sainsbury eataria. Half your training will be with you driving, and the other half will be with you sitting in the back and observing, and hopefully coming up with some positive feedback on the other trainees performance/progress.  No need getting to friendly with the other trainee, you probably wont share a car with them again whilst on part 2.
Part 3 you will probably be sharing the car throughout with the same trainee.

You should practice what is taught in your own time and car as much as possible. To teach correctly you will need to drive correctly, so from now on, drive the DSA way whenever you get behind the wheel. that includes going down to the local papershop.

#168 13-01-08 21:48:37

june315
Verified Member

The only extra cost to you is for your tests and maybe your licence when you are qualified, it depends on what 'deal' you got when you signed up. Training is done in college cars and you can even use one for your test if you arrange it with them. You are also welcome to borrow one of the cars for practice.

What college are you at? I am at Sidcup.

22/06/07 - part 1 - 93% 64
31/07/07 - part 2 - passed 3m
11/05/09 - part 3 - 4/4

#169 13-01-08 21:56:48

Dimmy

I forgot to mention, line up an indie ADI trainer because theres a darned good chance you'll need their services to repair your knowledge and fill in the gaping holes that the TIC trainers will leave you with. (Not usually their fault, but time constraints and training regime sadly dictates their training practices).

I speak from personal experience.

#170 14-01-08 19:24:57

trebor

thanks for answering my questions. just what i needed to know. 

i´ll be learning in Hull, as i am from grimsby.  does anybody know if the trainers are any good in that area?  roll

#171 17-01-08 12:17:54

hilary
Verified Member

My general advice to you would be to use your own car for the test anyway. Most people are better at driving a car that they are most familiar with and drive most of the time, ie, their own.
I really don't understand the need to go in an 'instructor' car, unless of course, you don't have a suitable vehicle of your own. This all stems back to using "your instructor's car" when taking the learner driving test, rather than having any benefit on its own.

#172 17-01-08 19:26:00

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

ADIT/Dash Driving are based in Hull.

Just search on google for driving instructor training hull and you'll find them.

They're linked companies and have a good reputation. Both their websites have a lot of free information about ADI training.

#173 02-03-08 22:10:55

CRICHADI

although i give little credit to TIC for my green badge and training i did on advise of a friend (a PDI at the TIC) to inform them of my pass on part three,,, i did over six months later after passing part three and low and behold i did recieve my refund of £390 after much phone calling and reminding, a small portion of the £3000 i paid at the start which barely covers all the extra training i forked out for with the independant ORDIT trainers.Again a result in their eyes !!

#174 07-08-08 22:14:50

slonstedy
Verified Member

It isn't the company that does the training that makes us PDI's feel the way we do i feel the company is only as good as the people who work for them i'm not saying that all the people/trainers are bad but there are some that are better than others i myself am also training with the instructor college and feel the money we have spent for this course we are not getting value for money i am now seriously thinking of getting further training to ensure i pass first time.

#175 15-08-08 06:03:26

HereComesTrouble

You still have my number Steve!

Board footer