You are not logged in.

#1 14-07-07 15:28:58

bkj
Verified Member

advice on pink licence

im doing my 40 hours training over the next two weeks and need some advice on whether its worth going on a pink licence or not i dont have money to keep me going and so would appreciate any advice on costs of going on one

i also dont have my own car to use mine's just about on its last legs so any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks bkj neutral

14-07-07 15:28:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: advice on pink licence

#2 14-07-07 16:58:52

L33d5.dr
Verified Member

The biggest problem of getting into this job is not just passing part 3 but it's the expense as well.I don't think I would have passed part 3 without going on a pink but I know you'll get replies from people who passed without one so it's just a personal choice.The experience I got from being on one gave me the confidence to go for part 3,I passed it first time so obviously I would recommend other pdi's to get one also.I think your biggest problem is going to be the car.Could you lease one from the company you're training with.This is what I did but with hind sight I would get a loan for a car and get duals fitted.Hope this helps,I can definitely say that all the hard work and expense is worth it in the end.You're the boss and doing a job you like,that's worth a risk of a loan in my opinion.Good luck.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 16-07-07 00:41:10

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

whilst others will say diff. i agree with leeds. the experience that the pink gave me was invaluable - also buddy work so as you can treat the examiner as a pupil

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#4 16-07-07 07:27:31

Dimmy

I also recommend going on a pink. It was invaluable for me.

I gained experience of what works and what doesn't.
It improved my own tolerances of others.
I gained better self discipline.
It kept me focused on part 3.
I had access to other instructors and trainers to discuss issues as they arose.
It confirmed that I could indeed instruct people to drive and gave me the oppotunity to decide wether I wanted to continue with my chosen proffession or not.
I had access to a tuition car and pupils from day 1.
I had an income from the beginning and that was no small issue as I had been redundant for 6 months prior to starting on the pink.
I have full confidence as I go to my 1st lesson as an ADI, not only qualified, but already having 6 months practical experience too and with a full client base.

#5 16-07-07 11:26:04

bkj
Verified Member

thanks for the advice

will look into it with my training school and see what they can offer me

many thanks to all the replies bkj

#6 16-07-07 16:56:44

binty1968
Verified Member
Website

going on a pink gave me self confidence, and belief in myself that i can do & enjoy the job, yes its extra expense on top of your training fees, but its worked for me and would advise others to use it as an extra training tool
Good Luck!

#7 17-07-07 10:29:15

Macavity
Verified Member

Well worth it for the experience just don't expect to do any more than cover your costs and make a bit of pin money.

I have just passed my part three after four and a half months on a pink licence. I was lucky enough to be able to do it alongside another part time job so I was able to survive although the hours were hard work with a home and family to look after as well.

#8 17-07-07 20:42:00

gemgems
Verified Member

I agree. It's great for the experience and it is hard work, but very rewarding. The hours are not good either because most of them want lessons after work or weekends etc. So you have to be prepared for that. If you like the job though you wont mind. The plus is that it gets you out of the house when everyone else is in.  :evil:

#9 17-07-07 23:46:36

Disky
Verified Member
Website

I just recemtly went on the pink and at the mo, i'm doing about 4 hours this week and will work this up to 15 or so in about a months time.

I was fortunate that my trainer offered me a position on the pink and i got a helluffa good deal, so i can cover my running costs and also pay for an "ADDITIONAL" 2 hours training per week on top of what i had budgeted for after the first month or so.

I know a bloke that jacked his full time job to go on pink, he is not making enough to take home any cash, he is only covering his costs and now has "other" issues because he thought he could use it as an income stream, which is really is not.

If you decide to go on the pink, do it for YOU, and for no other reason but to hone your skills and get that green badge.

Ray

#10 18-07-07 06:06:33

stsmith2212
Verified Member

I am on my second time round. I did not have pink before, but this time I am going on pink as I think the hands on experience with real pupils, is what I need to pass part 3.
Not having that experience does make a difference I think, and hopefully it will give me a boost of confidence, as at the moment, I can not help wondering if I am good enough! I wasn't first time around.
Also, I have changed trainer this time, and the difference from the first trainer I had is amazing. I have passed parts 1 and 2 this year so now I am having my duals fitted, bit more training, and then getting my pinkie. Scary stuff, but also exciting.

Good Luck to all

Sandra

Part 3...April 10th.... 2-2      Delayed success
Part 3...June 22nd......4-3     Delayed success
Part 3...Nov 09th ... 3-3        Delayed success

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

2nd time around...

Part 1... Passed March 07   1st time
Part 2....Failed March 07
Part 2....Passed May 07
Part 3....Failed Jan 18th 08
Part 3....Failed March 08
Part 3....I think its all over.... IT IS NOW!  Failed oct 08

#11 18-07-07 06:07:41

stsmith2212
Verified Member

Just to add, I still have my full time job, which I will keep until I pass my part 3 and have enough pupils to survive.

Part 3...April 10th.... 2-2      Delayed success
Part 3...June 22nd......4-3     Delayed success
Part 3...Nov 09th ... 3-3        Delayed success

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!

2nd time around...

Part 1... Passed March 07   1st time
Part 2....Failed March 07
Part 2....Passed May 07
Part 3....Failed Jan 18th 08
Part 3....Failed March 08
Part 3....I think its all over.... IT IS NOW!  Failed oct 08

#12 19-07-07 16:49:04

june315
Verified Member

Like Sandra I too am on my 2nd time round. I did apply for a pink 1st time but didn't really use it, consequently I did not get the experience that I needed to get me through pt3. This time I will get the pink and use it alongside training and personal study. I will succeed

22/06/07 - part 1 - 93% 64
31/07/07 - part 2 - passed 3m
11/05/09 - part 3 - 4/4

Board footer