You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-07-07 10:12:09

Target
Verified Member
Website

I love these days

Not only did I receive the electric bill in the post over the weekend, the council tax is also due.

Guess what pops in the door this morning. Tax bill. Next payment on account. GREAT!

As the girlfriend says. You pay the same as me, I just pay mine monthly you pay yours twice yearly. Makes me feel so much better, knowing the government are getting more and more, for less and less.

3 weeks and the rents due. Whats the point of working.  :oops:

Thankfully I guess I've got a full diary, but not looking forward to 9 hours tuition tomorrow.

Needed 3 new tyres yesterday. Spent 4 hours in Kwik Fit. Now I know where my time goes. Thankfully its part of the contract hire.

Hey Ho!....Can feel a depressive moment coming. neutral

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

02-07-07 10:12:09

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I love these days

#2 02-07-07 10:52:45

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Whats worse though mate-if at least can pay bills. Life is.......... as they say.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 02-07-07 13:22:36

Target
Verified Member
Website

Whats worse though mate-if at least can pay bills. Life is.......... as they say.

Well, thats what I keep telling myself. We both have jobs, we have an income, a roof over our heads, and at least albeit the holiday is being paid for on the credit cards I am getting a holiday this year.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#4 02-07-07 13:36:13

la.monikita
Verified Member

...and i had a Ba$tard smash my mirror on Saturday by swerving into the car. "only" 45 quid brand new, the dealer wanted 235+ yikes, so on Saturday i worked the last 2h for nothing and going to spend the rest of the day off today trying to fit the thing sad. ..and it's pis$ing with rain.
on a positive note I am my boss tongue

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#5 02-07-07 14:11:46

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

I had my mirror smashed on sunday too-just got a replacement glass £17 just for the glass.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 02-07-07 14:19:53

la.monikita
Verified Member

I had my mirror smashed on sunday too-just got a replacement glass £17 just for the glass.

was that electric? vaux wanted 34.50+ just for the glass for mine  roll

Abraham Maslow

#7 02-07-07 14:28:04

Green Arrow
Verified Member

I had a wing mirror bashed on test, mine was fine but the other persons wasn't, 180 for that, one of those nice heated electric jobbys on a VW golf (D.e left little note with my number on it but the man wouldn't talk to me only my husband who he thought must be the instructor   roll). Then tyres this week 100, plus a service, downtime with a turbo thats come unattached, and my car thinking its funny telling me the doors aren't shut when in reality it's locked me in and i had to get to the dealers for them to get me out  lol same bills as most people and a large mortgage with no second income in the household. (And four cats that won't eat cheap cat food  lol)Part of being self employed really, i would rather do this anytime than return to nursing with huge tax and national insurance contributions monthly. Costs far less being self employed rather than watching more than one week of my earnings paid straight to the tax man and N.I every month. Swings and roundabouts i suppose, some people like being self employed, others don't.

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#8 02-07-07 15:15:34

la.monikita
Verified Member

update on mirror change (complete ) it took only about 20min yikes, less then changing the bulb on this car  roll

Abraham Maslow

#9 02-07-07 17:52:29

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

It was a halfords stick on one that goes over the old broken one-was yours a full replacement that you have to take out old mirror-its got like a brass clip.

#10 02-07-07 18:15:08

Target
Verified Member
Website

Now I've reminded myself. My Adi badge is due for renewal. Thats another £200 i think.

Does anyone know how long it takes to arrive.

I've emailed the DSA about this and the CRB stuff. Problem is I think they will leave CRB until my renewal date, but thats near when I going on holiday, I also need the passport for potential other ID issues I have going at the moment.

I'm waiting for the DSA to offer a solution. Im hoping they send out the applications for a renewal about 4 weeks before. This is my first 4 years.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#11 02-07-07 19:10:17

smdtr

Now I've reminded myself. My Adi badge is due for renewal. Thats another £200 i think.

Does anyone know how long it takes to arrive.

It only takes 1 to 2 weeks to come through.

#12 02-07-07 21:43:09

la.monikita
Verified Member

It was a halfords stick on one that goes over the old broken one-was yours a full replacement that you have to take out old mirror-its got like a brass clip.

i bought the original mirror brand new from car breakers for £45, mine is colour coded but replacement came with the bit of plastic primed for painting, i just put the old one back on as it was good.
i like my mirrors to be perfect so no halford replacements 4 me. B00lody expensive too.

but how can vauxhall justify charging 230+ vat for the mirror just beggars belief.  roll

Abraham Maslow

#13 03-07-07 17:12:18

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Mines a lease car though La monikita. Wouldnt wanna spend too much money on it. The mirror is like brand new you couldnt tell the difference. big_smile

#14 15-07-07 09:22:08

Target
Verified Member
Website

i would rather do this anytime than return to nursing with huge tax and national insurance contributions monthly. Costs far less being self employed rather than watching more than one week of my earnings paid straight to the tax man and N.I every month. Swings and roundabouts i suppose, some people like being self employed, others don't.

A unique thing happened last financial year. I earnt the same as the girlf. No shes not earning £30k per year, my earnings were £30k less the costs which means i got the same as her.

Looked at her tax contributions. They are the same, which makes sense. Same income same tax burden.

Problem is and still is. I never earnt enough in those first 2-3 years to save, so Im always playing catch up and cannot get ahead of the process. Note my comment on the other thread, I should in theory be saving around £700 per month to pay the tax at the moment.

But I enjoy the self-employment. Could not imagine going back to listenting to someone again without a clue what they are doing.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

Board footer