You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-07-07 22:47:14

DEE

So glad I checked

Hi everyone

Yesterday while I was out with my hubby I asked him if the car felt 'different'
He said No it seemed fine (He doesnt drive)

The steering seemed quite heavy and it just didnt feel 'right'
If you know what I mean 

Anyway I spoke to an ADI friend of mine this morning (And if you read this you know who you are) And we both agreed that it was probably the tyre pressures. So I get the manual out (I drive a 56 plate Zafira Or Zaffy as she is better known big_smile) and checked what the pressures should be. I then went out to the car and checked the tyres. They looked fine..I tested them and was amazed!! 
The front tyres should be 29 and were 23
The back tyres should be 38 and were 30

Dont really know much about car maintenance but I know it is important to have correct tyre pressure (I think)

I will certainly be checking them more often. There didnt look like there was anything wrong with them. I just could tell by the feel of the car

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

06-07-07 22:47:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: So glad I checked

#2 06-07-07 23:32:19

den676
Verified Member

Gosh Dee  yikes

Ya should check ya tyres at least once a week and before any long journey  lol

They are ya only contact with the road

#3 06-07-07 23:39:41

kev elliott

Dee, you should check your tyre pressure weekly when the tyres are cold as tyes get warm they read a higher pressure.

Too low a pressure can cause the walls to flex too much, cause your tread to wear out on the edges, affect steering and suspension wear, if the pressure falls to much then when a force is applied to the tyre when you go around a corner the tyre may part company with the rim of the wheel and lose all the air in the tyre instantly.

If the pressure is to high then the centre of the tread will wear more quickly, and again sterring and road holding can be affected.

Tyres can lose a small amount of air over time due to seapage through the rubber,  however this should not be noticable on your weekly checks.

As den says the 4 small patches of rubber are your only way of stopping when you are tanking down the Motorway at 70 look after them and they will look after you. 

#4 07-07-07 05:49:27

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

Think back to the "Show me tell me" items on your practical test, all 13 items should be checked on a regular basis to ensure your safety.

#5 09-07-07 18:47:54

Blew
Verified Member

These look pretty good, check your tyre pressures at a glance    wink

http://www.guardianoffers.com/mall/prod … /TIMWGA047

Blew.

#6 09-07-07 21:57:56

Leprechaun

Yes and they'll be piched within seconds of them going on your car!!!!!!!

I put pretty silver valve caps on mine - just plain silver nothing TOO fancy but the next time i came out to the car 2 of them had gone  :x :x :x I went back to the boring black plastic ones   roll

Board footer