You are not logged in.

#1 06-07-07 09:51:22

Dimmy

Pink Badge and timing of part 3 test.

My pink badge was due to expire on 7/7/7 so when i looked for part 3 test dates I was elated to find a cancellation for the 3/7/7.
Thankfully I passed, but here's the rub................

If I'd opted to apply for an extention to my pink badge, I could have continued instructing while the application went through.

As I passed and I had to apply for a green badge, I checked with nice chap at DSA who went off for a few moments only to return and tell me that I couldn't continue instructing once the pink expires and until I had RECEIVED the green badge.

Don't get me wrong, I'd booked a couple of days off following my test as it was my birthday the day after. And having that bit of free time actually demonstrated to me just how much I NEED time off now, after all the pressures and stress over the last year since my reduncy and then starting training and instructing full time.
So the enforced weeks break i'm going to have to endure between the expirery of my pinki and the arrival of my green (hopefully before 16th July) will come as somewhat of a relief (family and dear ones birthdays abound between now and then anyway).

I just hope my pupils are understanding enough to remain with me, whilst my diary goes into mothballs until my green arrives.

Moral of the story is: If you are going for a part3 test and your pink license is due to expire, get a test date at least 2 clear weeks before the expirery of your current license. That will enable you to either re-apply for another pink or apply for your green and still remain working.

06-07-07 09:51:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Badge and timing of part 3 test.

#2 06-07-07 10:05:04

AndyBerry

I thought I had read somewhere that you had upto 12 months after passing Part 3 to apply for your green licence...

Enjoy the well earned break!

#3 06-07-07 10:09:26

Dimmy

You do, but as my pink expires, I am unable to instruct until the green arrives.
Seems it's not like the driving license where you can drive un-accompanied whilst you wait for the full license to arrive. Afterall, you dont have to display that whilst driving whereas you do have to dispaly a valid instructors badge whilst instructing (unless its a pink and you have re-applied for another).

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-07-07 11:22:53

Disky
Verified Member
Website

good shout there, just waiting for my pink to arrive, so i will bear this advice in mind

cheers
Ray

#5 06-07-07 12:34:11

VandADI
Administrator

Dimmy, make the most of the well-earned rest - the stress and strain just does not disappear overnight, it can take quite a while to feel anywhere near normal again, so chill out and enjoy - I'm sure your pupils will understand and suffer the wait, after all they have a brill instructor, well worth the wait in my opinion  wink

#6 06-07-07 13:24:55

Luchell
Verified Member

I said similar Vanda  lol Someone told him to work through regardless since as no one checks   roll Theres no way i would even dream of it after working so hard! It's so easy to go into meltdown once part three is passed, i know i did, I burnt out big time and it took me FAR to long to get to myself again.

#7 06-07-07 13:34:47

VandADI
Administrator

AH well, Dimmy should listen then as us women are always right  wink  big_smile

#8 06-07-07 13:38:44

Dimmy

I'd prefer to quote my father here.

"You may not always be right, but by golly, you are never wrong.   roll "

#9 06-07-07 16:21:58

jr
Verified Member

Reading your post Dimmy makes my blood boil. You do everything by the book and you are penalised. Iv'e lost count of the number of ADI's round here giving tuition without a badge in the screen and theres also one at the moment who has failed part three 3 times and is still instructing. He's been reported to the DSA and the police and at the local test centre but without proof nothing can be done.

Surely its not beyond the intelligence of the DSA to allow you to keep your pink badge in the window even though it has expired until your green one arrives. Bit like the road tax disc system, (yes I know its still illegal but common sense prevails) You only need someone to cock it up or go on holiday at DSA and your without wages for how long? The system needs changing.

By the way congratulations on passing and keep posting on the various forums as I always like to here your views.

John   

#10 06-07-07 19:20:40

Luchell
Verified Member

Unless the guy we spoke to was wrong?Just after we found out the result i mentioned it would be best to phone and check with the Dsa as i knew if your pink hadn't expired like mine hadn't i was able to continue teaching whilst waiting for my green. After hearing what the chap from the Dsa said there was no way it would be worth risking.

Still it will make him have a well needed week off!  lol (P.s your dad is so right Dimmy  tongue)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 07-07-07 14:12:38

smdtr

good shout there, just waiting for my pink to arrive, so i will bear this advice in mind

cheers
Ray

Very good Ray are you going with the mini brigade?

#12 07-07-07 16:13:22

pj
Verified Member

What a wise Dad you have Dimmy lol  also a bit of advice, don't buy the dear one a toilet brush for her birthday wink wink diamonds are so much nicer big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#13 07-07-07 17:27:53

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

When i passed part 3 the seadi told me it will take about 2 weeks to receive your new licence-but you have this pass certificate to use if needed. Kinda intimating it was safe to continue teaching-so I would give dsa a ring to confirm it Dimmy.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 07-07-07 17:31:19

Dimmy

When i passed part 3 the seadi told me it will take about 2 weeks to receive your new licence-but you have this pass certificate to use if needed. Kinda intimating it was safe to continue teaching-so I would give dsa a ring to confirm it Dimmy.

only things I received was the marking sheet and the application form for the badge.

#15 07-07-07 17:50:53

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Not sure then mate-might be worth a call just to check.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#16 07-07-07 18:03:45

Green Arrow
Verified Member

It is safe to continue IF your pink still has time on it, if not you don't actually have a licence til the new one comes through. I had three months left on mine so i continued on it until my green came.

Bit like a pdi who hasn't had a pink they cannot charge until the new licence is through.

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#17 07-07-07 18:57:56

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Just strange why the se said that to me-dont you think. Hiya Hayley.

#18 07-07-07 19:54:23

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Martin  smile Yes i am not sure what he was referring to. Is he talking about the pst marking sheet? Perhaps someone else can shed some light?

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#19 06-08-07 22:24:55

Scattyem
Verified Member

my licence expired the day after my test and i was told  by the dsa that i could keep on teaching as my application was in the post and i had my pass certificate to prove it, so with you on that one captainhook!
the certificate was the marking sheet.

Gremlin Driver training. The empire starts...........

#20 04-10-07 15:34:05

empyell
Verified Member

This one got me thinking a bit.
Passed part 3 a few weeks back, cos of the time it took me to find a flippin photo machine that was working, I was a bit slow to get my application for green sent off.

Then reading this, and with the current postal strikes I suddenly got a bit twitchy about the prospects of it getting delayed until after my pink expires in another couple of weeks. So I phoned the DSA.

What the nice lady explained to me is that once the pink runs out, I'm not actually allowed to charge for tuition without having a green to display.
She went on to say that the DSA wouldn't actually prosecute, cos as far as they're concerned I'm ok, but the police might do, so her advice was not to do it.

Just thought I'd share that one.

(she also told me that my green went in the post this morning so with a bit of luck I should have a nice new green licence to put in my car by the middle of next week - woo hoo!!)

Board footer