You are not logged in.

#51 09-05-07 21:53:28

VandADI
Administrator

Re: The DIA Diploma

OOeerr, for anyone that's taking the Dip Di exams now, how are they going?

09-05-07 21:53:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#52 24-05-07 18:16:42

john55
Verified Member

have noticed a lot of peeps studying for the Dip Di lately. was wondering what are the benefits of doing this?

If you can't do it safely don't do it at all

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#53 25-05-07 10:16:25

Target
Verified Member
Website

Hi John.........This is my personal opinion.

I've taken on the Dipdi in order to gain another recognised qualification in order to put myself above the rest of the Adis out there all looking for a slice of the cherry.

I also feel personally that in order to start deliverying other courses its important to show those wanting your services that you have done something more than just the Part 3. I also believe it can mean higher lesson fees, but not necessaryly higher lessons fees for learners.

However.....I'm stumbling at the first hurdle and that is being able to find time between my diary to study for at least 1 day a week. Its hard to say no to work when your bank balance is in the red.

The course is very structured and easy to follow, in fact Im itching to get back into and enjoy reading the books I have.

Alas we shall see.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#54 02-07-07 17:58:35

boozer

Results have now been posted out.How did you get on?

Dip.DI
Rospa Gold
Diamond Advanced Special Test
City & Guilds 7303
Fleet

#55 02-07-07 19:11:44

Madiggy
Verified Member

Thanks for asking, its a pleasure to say I passed them all and now hold a Diploma In Driving Instruction - quite a relief after all the hard work and then the wait but well worth it in my opinion. Diamond Special next.

Regards Iggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#56 03-07-07 08:44:24

standon11
Verified Member

congratulations madiggy on your diploma.

i acquired the books in march & intended to do a couple of modules this year.however as i'd only passed part 3 in feb & setting up my driving school i felt i couldn't do myself justice this year so iv'e put it off till next year where i'll go for all modules at once.

how much study time did you feel you needed to put in on average to gain the diploma?

#57 03-07-07 15:17:06

VandADI
Administrator

According to the DIA, only 5 people passed the DipDI this year, all the others deferred until next year.

#58 03-07-07 18:28:19

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

I know 2 of them

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#59 03-07-07 18:28:53

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

No make that 3 with madiggy

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

#60 04-07-07 09:23:24

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Only 5? I've put mine off so i can attack it next year well later this year,i had some more pressing things to deal with as well as a wel timed house move by my mum and dad right in what would have been the middle of the exams  bless em. I've got everything i need though though so off i go again soon  lol

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#61 05-07-07 15:50:22

Madiggy
Verified Member

Hi Standon11

I spent approx 5-6 hours of undisturbed quiet planned study on each of the four modules that I sat, plus some 3-4 hours per module studying with other people and things creating distractions. I don't discount this additional study as it seems to make the follow up study easier as I felt that I was fleshing out some basic knowledge from the casual study - end result I achieved my goal.

Regards Iggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#62 05-07-07 16:29:23

boozer

I did all five modules passed 1,2,3&4 but failed module 5.I was disappointed,I thought I did well in that module.I thought if I was going to fail any it would have been module 2 but I passed that with flying colours apparently.Any thoughts on the matter anyone?

Dip.DI
Rospa Gold
Diamond Advanced Special Test
City & Guilds 7303
Fleet

#63 05-07-07 17:27:38

VandADI
Administrator

Boozer, does that mean you have to take all five modules again or can you just retake the one you failed to gain the DipDI?

#64 05-07-07 17:44:01

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

He can take just the failed module again

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI

Board footer