You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 01-04-04 13:40:53

jonks

Driving instructors gear up for strike

Driving instructors gear up for strike

Read http://icrenfrewshire.icnetwork.co.uk/n … _page.html

Your comments please...

01-04-04 13:40:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving instructors gear up for strike

#2 01-04-04 15:20:37

alanrwood

Well done the Scottish lads. Maybe they would care to join the Driving instructors Democratic Union (www.didu.org.uk).
Alan

#3 01-04-04 16:02:46

adijim

Are they talking this year or next......If all local instructors boycotted test at end of April all that would happen is that BSM and AA instructors would take all those bookings, earliest available tests for St Albans Watford area late July or into August.

#4 01-04-04 18:47:19

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

I'm not too keen on strike action or work to rules, I would much rather negotiate. Having said that, the DSA don't seem to want to talk sensibly.

This is a key year for driving instructors.  If we act correctly, positively and with a degree of unison then we can effect great change, but lot's of factions and splinter groups may spoil this opportunity.

Regards,

#5 01-04-04 21:26:59

L-Buster

Hi All

All I would like to say on the matter of strike action is that we have all been moaning about the Examiners taking action and making comment on who is being affected, and now members of our profession the people who are meant to care about their pupils are talking of going the same way.

Who would this action effect ? not the DSA just the Pupils and i use the word 'just' very loosely because as far as I'm concerned the pupils are the most important part of my work and second only to my family they are the ones i work for.

If i have to take a test to continue teaching then so be it - after all I have to teach that same test to my pupils.

I will work with anyone to make the job better but to strike NO.

That's my bit, now to duck ( where's my old flack jacket!!!)

Bernie

#6 01-04-04 21:34:34

adi
Verified Member
Website

Does anyone really think that the DSA are bothered how we feel or whether ADI's go on strike? All it will do is make waiting times even longer. The DSA would most likely blame ADI's for the lengthy waiting times rather than themselves.

#7 01-04-04 22:05:28

Badger

Strking, in my view, is not the answer.

It hurts the wrong people - people who can have no influence on our cause, ie our customers.

I would not strike.

Disruptive action against the DSA is another thing.

If all ADIs decided to book no tests in  a selected month and planned their courses accordingly there would be little inconvenience to the candidates.

The DSA budget would be derailed and contract examiners would be laid off.

When man was created the various parts of the body competed to be in charge and the head, heart, stomach etc all applied for the job.

When the bum applied theb rest of the body parts laughed and ridiculed it  - so it went on strike and refused to work.

After a few days all body parts elected the bum to be the leader.

Time that ADIs stopped being the bum dont you think?

Badger

#8 02-04-04 06:02:44

L-Buster

Hi Badger

very fitting description but who ever is in charge, the bum is and will always remain the bum!

Do you really want to become the bum, because at the moment you are the heart and without us beating where would the learners be.

what ever action we as instructors take if it is at all disruptive then the DSA will use that in their favour and leave us looking like we have been released from the 'bum'

My head is telling me time to be off to the throne room :shock:

cheers

Bernie

Board footer