You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-06-07 08:14:24

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

ORDIT, a few questions please

I split my current week between adi training and learners.  However I'm not sure I would like to train full time, so, is there any benefit to pusuing ORDIT registration.

Another question, a school local to me is now ORDIT registered, but that doesn't mean their trainers are does it?  Just they are working under the umbrella of status the school has applied for.  The reason I ask, one of their trainers passed three months ago, on their 6th attempt, got 4/4, after all that practice should really have been higher, although maybe down to nerves on the day.  Is that accpetable?  Common practice?

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

22-06-07 08:14:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ORDIT, a few questions please

#2 22-06-07 11:09:17

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

LA, personally I reckon it's worth doing. There are moves to make ORDIT mandatory for ADI trainers in the next couple of years, and as such there are suggestions that the assessments are getting progressively stricter. Becoming registered should not cost a huge amount - just make sure that you adhere to their regs and structure a really good session ready for the assessment. The premises visit doesn't have to be anything special - a trainer I know takes them to the local little chef - it's got coffee, toilets tables and chairs, no problem.

If a school is registered, there are specific amounts of people who need to be qualified - I think it's 60% qualified and assessed and they can advertise as ORDIT (or 50/50 if only 2 trainers). They must provide part 2 & 3 training (anyone who is only qualified for part 2 training you have to worry about, as by passing a part 3 assessment you become qualified at part 2 anyway).

As far as a 4/4 is concerned - I wouldn't be happy, but I'm not too happy about the standard of a lot of ADIs - this is why people need to do the research.

#3 24-06-07 13:40:21

smdtr

Tim

Is all the information for Ordit preparation in the pack the DSA send out?  Is it downloadable anywhere?

Cheers

Scott

#4 24-06-07 19:19:30

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I'm a bit concerned that I'm gonna do other things, its all going to change and I'll have to retake them all over again.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#5 25-06-07 07:32:45

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

All the ORDIT regs are on the DSA site, just click through to the ORDIT section and download the pdf (can't remember the exact url, sorry).

LA, all I'd say is that if you're already on ORDIT then you'll be at the back of the queue for the changes - the front of the queue will be taken by all of the people out there who aren't registered. The assessments are done on the check test format at the moment, but may change to roleplay in the future. If I were you LA I would definitely get it done as soon as possible. I don't have any trainees at the moment but if half my income came from them I would have no doubts in my mind at all.

#6 05-07-07 18:46:20

tim
Verified Member

ORDIT is good for CPD. The new Road Safety Act (Assent 1.1.07) allows the DSA to make membership mandatory and for one,I can't wait. You don't need premises, but it is a good idea. A registered school must also have an individual qualified to teach to Part Three standard, although new people can stop at Part One or Two if they wish. I agree with the above - you may as well go the whole hog with it.
Many PDIs' who research their training provider use the DSA website to look for ORDIT members in their area. We have picked up many clients just on the strength of that.
Best of luck

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 04-08-07 22:20:01

Dimmy

Another question, a school local to me is now ORDIT registered, but that doesn't mean their trainers are does it?

minimum of 60% of Trainers must be Ordit registered themselves before a School (or branch of a school) can be included on the register. (50% in the event of a "2 man band").

The ordit register will list the names of the ORDIT registered trainers under the heading of the Driving School.

Board footer