You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 21-06-07 13:53:16

Derick
Verified Member

PCV Driving Instructor Training

As a PCV Licence holder, Just was wondering how I could perhaps train to become a PCV instructor? Where would I find a good trainer etc and what is the training? If someone is the know could they give some guidance? Thanks

21-06-07 13:53:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: PCV Driving Instructor Training

#2 22-06-07 22:11:48

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

There is no DSA Register for PCV instructors, but there is an industry register.  GoSkills are the body that administer it.  They can advise you of training establishments that offer PVC Instructor training.  To get on the register you have to complete an NVQ level 3 in Driving Instruction, which is usually an integral part of the course.

We have used Transtech (part of Manchester College) for our PCV instructor courses.  They do 3 week full time courses and the cost in January was about £1900.  They use manual coaches for their training.  They have a good reputation and do training for several of the major bus companies.  Another provider is Tangerine, when I have spoken to them previously they only offered instructor courses in automatics.  There are others as well.

I assume that you are in current practice driving large PCV vehicles.  Certainly at Transtech they expected your own driving to be up to scratch to pass their assessment of it.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

#3 25-06-07 21:07:33

Derick
Verified Member

Thanks for that information  big_smile I did look on the DSA site but couldn't see anything about it. I currently drive various sized buses, just wanted to get an insight to the role.

Board footer